Chapter 1 The Beginning

(Interview on Ayumu Hayashi: Year 2029, October 25)

The camera begins to record. Revealing a table and a bed hooked with a heart monitor and a boy with silver hair and blue eyes that held no emotion or shine as doctors and nurses begin to hook him to machines. His eyes follow one of the doctors who carried a silver helmet with a black screen in front. It is one of the first Nerve Gears but redesigned by the boy who name is Ayumu Hayashi.

The camera then shakes as someone behind it sits down. The camera is greeted to Ayumu turning to the camera as a female voice is heard. The person who is behind the camera.

???: "Hello, Hayashi."

Ayumu: "Please, just call me Ayumu."

???: "Very well, Ayumu. We wanted to thank you for letting us record you. Are you ready? Are...are you sure you wish to do this? It is courageous of you to attempt to...what the public wants to know...Why are you doing this?"

Ayumu: "...Because I have to...this incident has happen before, the incident with Sword Art Online, that's why...that's why..."

???: "Yes?"

Ayumu: "...That's why the best chance those people stuck in this game have is me right. I am not calling myself better than them and that they are hopeless. I am needed, because if I don't. Those that do survive when many are lost. Families will suffer..."

???: "But aren't you scared? You will be trapped in as well...we are already having news on players deaths as we speak...it is the same like of the Sword Art Online incident that happened 5 years ago."

Ayumu: "I am...but...I know I need-no...I must do this!"

As Ayumu says that, he is laid down on the bed while his shirt is removed. The doctors add the final wires of the machines to Ayumu's arms. Then the doctor who held the Nerve Gear walks over and placed it onto his head. His face covered by the mask.

???: "Do you wish to say anymore befor-"

The woman couldn't finish her sentence as Ayumu said with a loud voice-

Ayumu: "Link Start!"

...

...

...

...

...

...

---Two Weeks Earlier---

//Ayumu POV//

Beep! Beep! Beep! Bee-

A hand from under the covers reaches out and hits the snooze button on the alarm clock. His silver hair sticking out of the sheets as he pulls the covers off his body. His spiky hair was laid flat and resulting shadowing his blue eyes as he sat up from his bed.

Around his room was his bed of course, a table with a TV that was connected to a computer drive and other devices. A closet that held shelves containing his inner wear and outer wear. His school uniform folded up on the chair across the room and few posters were hanging over the table. Most were old American movies but the rest were of SAO before the 'incident' and game of where last survivors were kept imprisoned in, Alfheim online.

"...Good morning..." the boy...Ayumu Hayashi...spoke as he looks at a picture frame beside his alarm that sat on the table. In the picture, stood a little silver hair boy grinning with an equal color hair teenager girl that held in her hands firecrackers as they were about to go off. The background was nothing but darkness except for the fireworks that went off behind them. Lighting them on to be seen in the picture.