Chapter 43 Memory

//Ayumu POV//

"Come on, keep up." Aries said as she and Ayumu were walking through a massive white hallway. Ayumu had just walked through the door to his apartment but instead of finding his little kitchen and things...it was a massive hallway with lanterns handing on the wall.

"Are we near?" Ayumu asked.

"Yeah, he's just up ahead." Aries told him while looking over her shoulder to look at him. "He's been expecting you, you know. Simeon said you would come...we waited for a year for you."

"...This is all...confusing...I can't believe all this." Ayumu told her. "I-I mean...Gods? War? Finding out that my own sister killed herself to protect me? I-It doesn't make any sense."

"When it comes to my creator, it mostly doesn't. But what we were saying was true." Aries told him.

"What kind of god is Athena?"

"She is the goddess of reason...literature and arts...wisdom." Aries grins. "And...she's a virgin."

"...I didn't need to know that last bit of information." Ayumu told her and the reply he got from Aries was a smile and her tongue sticking out. But then she stops smiling, blinking a few times before smiling again.

"Here he is." Aries chuckled and Ayumu looks forward...and sees sitting in a middle of the hall in front of them in a brown leather arm chair...a man. Dressed in grey tux like clothes and a large purple and black scarf that hid his neck...but what got to Ayumu was his eyes...they were dark yellow eyes...but so dead. His dark grey hair was a mess as Ayumu took a step forward.

"...Simeon...right?" Ayumu asked as cell bars suddenly appeared between them. Causing Ayumu to back away, looking at the dark clean bars with wonder...

Yep...maybe I should keep a distance...this is a Demigod...Ayumu thought nervously.

"Hello, sir." Aries giggles as she fazes through the bars, hugging the man with a grin.

"Hello, Aries." Simeon greeted her.

"So..." Ayumu spoke up. Gaining their attention as he looks away, wishing he had said something else instead of 'so'.

"Ayumu Hayashi, I have been expecting you."

"You're mother sent me to find you." it was Ayumu's only response. To which Simeon simply sighs and looks to the ground shaking his head.

"How long has it been...2 centuries? 4?" Simeon seemed to be talking to himself.

"It's been 6, sir." Aries told him.

"Ah, I see." Simeon said. "Is there you anything wish to know?"

"A few things..." Ayumu told him with his arms crossed.

"And what are they?"

"Virus...what's the story with you two?" Ayumu asked.

"Ah...Well, Virus and I have history where my mother and his father never got along, uncle or not to her. She never agreed to Virus and his father of unneeded destruction of dimensions and some planets. But even through that, our rivalry was always there ever since I was born..." Simeon told him. "Virus and I rivaled for speed over a long time...but when the gods went into instance war against themselves and to all of worlds they were connected with." Simeon told his story.

"Let me guess...a simple rivalry became worse...hate?" Ayumu suggested.

"For him, yes."

"What about the gods? What do you mean about going into instance war?" Ayumu asked.