Chapter 14 Beatrice's confession, Hal's Discovering

//Ayumu POV//

---Two Days Later, Night---

"Ayu-I mean...Scarlet, can I enter?" Ayumu looks up from his menu screen. Marie had left earlier after they had gathered enough elements from side missions to put the element electricity into his weapons and fire arm. After looking over how much damage his weapon can give, he was considering adding fire to it to burn enemies to last damage. But upon hearing Beatrice's voice, he closed the page and walked to his door, opening to see Beatrice blushing.

"Are you alright?" Ayumu asked after shutting off the voice changer in his helmet.

"I-I'm alright...can I come in?" Beatrice asked.

"S-Sure." Ayumu asked and she enters, he then closes and locks the door to give them the privacy she must want. No one could hear them from outside the door. He turns to see Beatrice sitting on his bed while rubbing her thumbs together. "Is something wrong?"

"...Can I ask you something...?" Beatrice asked.

"Since you know who I am, go ahead." Ayumu said as he lifts off the helmet. Now revealing his face, Beatrice smiles upon seeing her friend's face. She is the first to see Scarlet R.E.D.'s real face.

"...Well...um...I wanted to know more about your sister. After what happen and with Sylvia. I was curious why you never mention more about her...before we ended up stuck in the...game..." Beatrice stopped when Ayumu fists were clinching together tightly and his eyes narrow with the sight of tears in his eyes.

No...no, I can't remember! I don't want to remember! Ayumu thought.

"Ayumu!" Beatrice cried out as she stood up and went to his side. Holding his arm, worried about what she had asked. "I'm sorry! Did I bring bad memories?!"

"...N-No...you didn't. It's ok..." Ayumu gritted his teeth together for making her cry.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." Beatrice apologized.

"I told its ok, Beatrice." Ayumu told her louder and she stares at him with teary eyes. "It wasn't you, it's me...Ok and it's was me, just me."

"..." Beatrice continues to look at him in the eyes with tears rolling down. Ayumu raised his hand and rubs her tears away but then...

"..." Ayumu stopped as Beatrice slowly grabbed hold of his hand. Staring at his eyes with her cheeks red and quickly she leans up.

"Beatr-?!" Ayumu was interrupted when Beatrice leans faster and kisses him. Ayumu eyes were slightly wide open as he felt Beatrice's lips on his.

What?! Ayumu thought as her hands rested on his chest. Her eyes were closed as she held herself in that position. Then she pulled away...

"S-Sorry-?!" Beatrice begins to apologize but then Ayumu quickly pulls her back and kisses her. "Mmh!?"

"..." Ayumu eyes narrowed as he held her face with his hands, cupping her cheeks. Now it was time to stop and he pulled away. She was panting and her cheeks were dark red.

"...Why?" Beatrice asked, curious about his action.

"You kissed me first...you tell me why. I kissed you back because you keep apologizing." Ayumu stated.

"Because I wanted to thank you...and because..." Beatrice looks down and for a moment, she stood there like that until she looks back up. "Because I like you more than just a friend...I...I love you! And even if you love Nina more, I'll be there for you, Ayumu."

"Beatrice..." Ayumu looks at her surprise.

"...You came also to give her your confession, right...?" Beatrice asked.