Chapter 41 Meeting Athena and Let the Race Begin

//Ayumu POV//

---Somewhere...Unknown---

"...Where am I?" Ayumu asked as he opened his eyes. He found himself in a hallway. "Wait...I recognize this...This hallway..."

"Yes, you're old home." He turns to see the woman, Athena standing there looking at the photos on the wall.

"What is this?!" Ayumu demanded for answers.

"I told you...Well, to put it to simple words. I need to show you...this is what you remember." Athena told him.

"I don't want to remember! I already know what happen!" Ayumu shouted and he would have continue to speak if not of been-

"Nee-san! Open the door! Nee-san!" Ayumu turns to see himself...a younger version of himself. It was like looking back 3 years ago, his young self running straight towards the door. Their big sister's room...

"I don't want to watch this..." Ayumu muttered.

"You must, I don't have bad intention about this..." Athena said and he felt her hand place on his shoulder.

"NEE-SAN!! OPEN! OPEN PLEASE!" Ayumu focused on his younger self as his small fists hitting the door. He tries the doorknob again as he stopped to try to open it regularly again. Hoping that he has simply in so much panic to open it right, but it was locked. The feelings his younger self felt was felt by Ayumu as well.

"NEE-SAN! Open the door! Please! Don't leave me!" his younger self shouts as he begins to slam his shoulder on the door. Since he wasn't that of a little boy anymore after those two years, Ayumu wanted to go help but remember that he doesn't need help...

"OP...EN...DAMN...IT!!!!" he shouted as loudly as he could. Ayumu wished so much that his parents were there back then and not out at the hospital to retrieve his sister's medicine...but snapped out his thoughts as the door actually gave way and his younger self finally enters.

"I remember...Asami was going to hang herself..." Ayumu spoke as the memories pauses, his eyes hidden by the shadows of his hair.

"Let's see what happens next?" Athena suggested and Ayumu could only nod and memory continues.

"Nee-san?" his younger self questioned when Ayumu looks into the room to see young Ayumu staring at their sister...she was standing on the chair, a hook attached to the ceiling and a rope tied to the hook.

"Stand right there..." Asami said as she placed the rope around her neck.

"Nee-san!" young Ayumu cried out as he ran forward to grab his sister. Ayumu had the urge to run and help-

"You can't do anything...it's a memory. It already happened..." Athena spoke up.

"How are you showing me this?! There is no way you can possibly show me my own memories!" Ayumu demanded.

"Just watch..." Athena said with a emotionless face. So he turns to look again...

"I said stand right there!" Asami shouted as she kicked her brother away. His head hitting the wall and the place darkens...

"There...that was what happened! She kicked me away and I hit the wall, it knocked me out and by the time I came to. My parents were there and Asami was dead!" Ayumu shouted at the blonde.

"No, this isn't how it happened." Athena told him as she raised her hand in the air...a orb of light appears in her palm and it expands brightly. Ayumu watched as the memories they have watched rewind...