Epilogue

---5 Weeks Later, Magome (Kiso Valley)---

"So this is where you and Asami used to live?" Nina asked Ayumu as she made the backpack more comfortable for her to carry and Ayumu chuckled as he fixed his backpack as well.

Wearing a pair of short shorts and white tank top, Nina felt refreshed by the nice cool air in the sun. Ayumu in white shorts and a blue sleeveless shirt and looking out to his old hometown and remembering how peaceful life was for him back then gave him nice memories of his childhood. He was glad to be back.

"I know...this place is amazing and is famous." Ayumu told her as he unfolded a piece of paper. "I wonder why meet us here...and why just the both of us?"

"Who knows...But something is up for Athena to meet us here." Nina shrugged as they continue to walk through the dirt road. "But we can't disagree about it being peaceful here to meet up."

"That's true..." Ayumu grins as he reaches out and holds her hand. Causing her to blush yet smile as she holds his hand back.

They continue to walk in silence and enjoying each other's company until they finally noticed a shack over the hill. The place painted white and with gardens of roses and so many other beautiful flowers. It was a sight to see for Nina and Ayumu as they approached it.

When they finally arrived at the front porch...they saw a note on the door...

'Please knock, Lucifer will arrive to answer it for me since I'm working on some paper work.'

Ayumu grabbed the note, crumbled it up and dumped it at the trash pin beside the door and knocks three times.

"..." They waited a while until they heard footsteps approaching on the other side of the door and it opens.

"Hello." They were greeted by a man, looking to be in mid 20s. Black hair ruffled a bit and bright red eyes. The stranger was dressed in a black jacket, a grey shirt, and a pair of dark grey shorts and red running shoes. "You must be Ayumu Hayashi and Nina Diaz, right?"

"Yes...and you are?" Nina and Ayumu said awkwardly at the same time.

"Lucifer...Lucifer Heartfilia." Lucifer introduced himself as he shook hands with Ayumu. "You two should come in."

"Lucifer! Is that them at the door?" they heard a unfamiliar voice in the kitchen after they removed their shoes...only to see Lucifer didn't do it and placed them back on.

"Yeah, you should come talk to them. I'll get Athena." Lucifer called back as he went through a door and closed it behind him. Ayumu and Nina took a seat at the couch and were approached by a woman...bright blonde hair that ran down to her upper half of her back, brown eyes and wearing a white shower robe. In her hands was a tray with two salads and tea.

"Hello, my name is Lucy Heartfilia. I'm his wife and I'm glad to finally meet you two." Lucy said as she placed the tray on the table and shook their hands.

"Hello." Nina greeted back while Ayumu only nodded. "Do you know Athena?"

"Not much really, I met her partner that works with her. Her name is Annie Leonhart and she invited us here to speak with her as well." Lucy told them. "it was...really a rude awakening to be honest."

"How did you and you husband get...involved in this anyway?" Ayumu asked.

"It's...it's something I don't want to talk about...sorry." Lucy told them with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Heartfilia." He quickly said.

"Oh, no. It's okay, really." She said quickly while raising her hands, motioning them to forget the subject with a smile.