Chapter 23 Anger and Happiness

//Nina POV//

Nina was angry...at first; she was surprised to figure out who was Scarlet R.E.D. but to what happen during the fight with Taro. She was unable to stop Taro to attack Beatrice and Ayumu. She watched him bring Ayumu to his knees...she couldn't see his face and when she watched the blade of Taro's scythe come down. She shouted...

"AYUMU! MOVE!"

...I yelled his name...Nina thought as she stood outside of their HQ cabin. Watching the sun in the air and grips the handle of her weapon tighter.

No...deep down, she knew who he was...right after he joined their guild. The way he acted...the way he moved. Her heart pounding increased every time they talk to each other. And when they were at the lake and him shirtless...it was icy on the cake for her...but she refused those thoughts of him because she loves Ayumu.

But no...its turns out Scarlet is Ayumu. So she was mad...Shizuka and Beatrice had known who he was by accident. They had to tell her of what they felt for him and...the result of it.

"...Why didn't he tell me...and he slept with them..." Nina said to herself. They had explained their situation...what Beatrice felt and what the result with Shizuka was. Telling the two girls about her motives...her dark side that she had told Ayumu.

Secrets...he was the kind of guy who held things to himself. He takes on the world with his own pain and wears a smile. Trying to push on...like me...I guess that was why I fell in love with him. And when he came to save us in this world...to protect us. His heart opened up more to us. I wasn't conscious enough to know who he was...but I knew somehow. Nina thought as she turns to the sound of the door opening. She narrowed her eyes to see Ayumu without his helmet on.

"Nina..." Ayumu said slowly as she and him walk down to the clearly in front of the cabin.

"Fight me." Nina said to him.

"Wha-"

"Fight me!" Nina shouted as she sprints at him and slashes for his head. To which he dodge before even a second...next thing she knew...was on lying on her back with Ayumu straddled on her.

"..." Ayumu face was read less...emotionless...

"Bastard..." Nina cursed.

"Why do you want to fight me?" Ayumu asked.

"...Because you were lying to me! You...you didn't tell me anything..." Nina yelled with tears coming down her face..."Why?! Why didn't you...respond...why didn't you trust me to know who you were?"

"...Because I was scared..." Ayumu replied slowly.

"Eh?"

"...I'm scared...because I didn't start to play this game for fun or popularity. I wanted to run away...but then I met you and everyone else. I felt...glad..." Ayumu begins as he moves and she sits up and they stood there sitting on the dirt floor.

"..."

"I have my own...problems that I need to face and Dark Scarlet knows what they are...I did want to tell you all who I was but...I was nervous...afraid of what you would think of me. I didn't want to lose your trust." Ayumu said and staring at her in the eyes.

"...I see..." Nina looks away and hugs her knees. "Ayumu...tell me something..."

"...Yes?"

"Back on the roof...when I confessed to you...would you have said yes?" Nina asked. Hoping for his answer.

"...At first...I did know the answer I wanted to give...but right now." She turns to look at him who was frowning. "I don't know."

"Ayumu..." Nina spoke softly and scoots over to him.