Chapter 49 Freedom

//Ayumu POV//

---2 weeks Later---

The meeting has happen. Nina had tracked down guilds that could be trusted and invited them to Grade 0 to the bar where Pops, the man who Nina calls him that, and with Ayumu and the others. They explained as much as they can without the details of the gods, that the bosses didn't matter as long as Kai, Dark Scarlet, stayed in control with the system. The guilds listen to it all...and surprising as it was for them all...they agreed to help whatever they can. And for that, they created the unsystematic guild called Freedom.

There weren't any more guilds going by two to boss rooms...it was all of them. Of course the bosses became harder but by striking by numbers. They kept winning, defense and offense hitting together against enemy sinners and bosses. But there were other problems rising...and that was the players. Some separate from others and formed a guild to attack the players so Freedom had to fight against them as well.

"...Ayumu?" Ayumu snapped out of his thoughts to see Ryuko looking up at him.

"Yes?" Ayumu asked her as Nina, Ryuko, and himself were walking to their new headquarters to meet with the others of their guild.

"Us...in...danger?" Ryuko asked.

"No, we're safe." Nina had turned around and Ryuko looks at her. "We're getting out of here. Kai can't hold off from us for long."

"Right." Ayumu nodded.

"N-No more masks?" Ryuko asked pointed at Ayumu's face.

"T-That's true. You haven't worn your helmet for a while now." Nina exclaimed with a grin.

"I'll only use it in battle..." Ayumu told them and then felt a tug on his jacket and looks at Ryuko again.

"Not...afraid...I'm afraid of...him..." Ryuko told him.

"...Are...are you sure?" Ayumu asked her and received a nod...so Ayumu slowly equipped his helmet, making sure Ryuko was watching. Ryuko had a look of determination and a nod gave Ayumu permission to equip it and the helmet appears on his head and looks at Ryuko with her face that haven't changed at all.

"Not afraid." Ryuko repeated with a nod.

"That means she is recovering nicely!" Nina cheered as they walked faster to their HQ. When they finally arrived, Ryuko ran inside in a blink of a eye but Nina pulled Ayumu away and behind the cabin.

"What is it?" Ayumu asked as he unequipped his helmet.

"Natalie contacted me about some new player out on the streets in the higher levels. This player has been killing other players...but listen to this. These players that are being murdered, they follow Dark Scarlet like cubs to a wolf." Nina told him.

"Are you sure it's one player?" Ayumu asked.

"Certain...but I think this is a sick game from Kai." Nina replied with crossed arms.

"What makes you say that...?" Ayumu asked.

"Ayumu. You noticed it, haven't you?!" Nina yelled. And Ayumu could look to the floor. "Whenever there has been a kill...it is counted as YOUR kill, Ayumu. The player crystal has gone red on you!"

"I know." Ayumu told her.

"I'm one to think further into the future and I know for sure that Kai is messing with the system to make you to blame for the deaths of his followers and if it stays like that. You will be blamed when we escape the game." Nina told him as she grabbed his hand, making him look at her. "I...I'm afraid of what will happen-"