Chapter 31

//Beatrice POV//

"...Let's sit down." Nina said as they all sat down on his bed. Beatrice hugged Ayumu's arm for comfort to what he will tell the three of them.

"Ok..." Ayumu sigh.

"Take your time..." Beatrice told him as Shizuka sat down beside Nina's side while reaching over, rubbing his back.

"...My sister... name is Asami Hayashi. But she went by another name as well..." Ayumu started but then Beatrice remembered something. Back before she knew who Ayumu was...he had told something from himself.

"You and your sister lived in a village..." Ayumu turn to look at her in disbelief but relax, must have remembered they had talk before. "...You moved to the city...learn to love playing games and using technology."

"That is just half of it..." Ayumu told her, taking a deep breath. "Another thing...the reason I think there is a huge connection to her and Dark Scarlet...she went by the name of Slasher RED..."

"Slasher RED? Was that her user name for an online game?" Shizuka asked confused.

"Yes..." Ayumu eyes closed his eyes as he looked down. "She was a player for Sword Art Online..."

"...?!" Beatrice stared in shock at what he has said. Without realizing, she hugged his arm tighter. Shizuka rubbed his back more slowly.

"She is...a SAO survivor...?" Nina asked and Ayumu nodded his head slowly.

"She was..." Ayumu said. "...But she wasn't just a survivor...she was a murderer..."

"What?!" Beatrice's breathing quicken at the revelation of Asami.

"...Do you know the name of a dark guild called Laughing Coffin?" Ayumu asked. Beatrice knew that name...so must have the others and connected the dots to what he was saying.

"She was a member of the murder guild in SAO." Nina spoke up.

"She was deadly, but not entirely. She was arrested in the game and was stuck there until everyone was freed from the death game. But when most of the players were still stuck. The police didn't have much time to trap all Laughing Coffin players and she managed to erase her involvement with a virus implanted in the police department computer system and was free to roam." Ayumu told them.

"H-How do you know this, Ayumu?" Beatrice asked, scared about what Ayumu was involved in after the SAO incident.

"...Because she told me everything that happened in the game...a few days ago before she committed suicide..." Ayumu responded. Shocking the girls even further. "After her funeral, my parents packed up...and left back to the village...I stayed behind to...recover...I thought maybe if I continue to live on for my sister with strength...I would be able to atone my mistake for not saving my sister when she needed me...for I had abandoned her."

Oh, my god...Beatrice thought with her eyes wide.

"I wished I could have saved her...but she felt so much guilt and pain...for what she has done. Her reasons for doing what she did...I don't know why. I could have found a way to help her...but I failed her. I don't know what happen in the game to her, but it changed her. My once cheerful sister was replaced...by this woman with blank eyes..." Ayumu slowly said to them. Beatrice took a while in thought in what was said...the truth about his sister. His past...

Why...Beatrice could feel tears running down her cheeks. To which Ayumu and the others noticed.

"Beatrice?!" Ayumu turn to her and placed his finger on her cheek, wiping away the tears but-