Chapter 24 Secret's Out

//Hal POV//

---Back in the Real World---

"...ok...not here...no...Ah! Here it is!" Hal exclaimed as he was looking at Ayumu's family file. He was looking over the information of Ayumu's sister. What he is looking for out of her was what happen during her time trapped in SAO. And he had found it slowly after a few days later.

He was alone in his home, in his room. His parents were out, visiting his sister at the hospital. He had visited her yesterday, and the day before. After the revelation of Ayumu's sister past. He swore...to find out what happen in SAO to her. He...felt...like there is more to this story of this whole fight Ayumu is having with this opposite Scarlet R.E.D.

Ok...Slasher RED was suspected for a dozen murders...a list of victims. This is it...Mrs. Kirigaya said she was feeling remorse, regret...why? I figured someone responsible of so many deaths would feel no concer...wait, why am I thinking so cruel of his sister? Hal thought as he goes over the names and information.

"...Whoa?!" Hal exclaimed when he saw the list of dead victims. There were 14 dead players. All confirmed that it was her who had killed them...but the last victim...that was what caught his interest...

"...Sayo...identity is unknown..." Hal said out loud as he read the file on the..."Oh god...User name: Sayo and...was killed at the age of...fuuuck...15...Just a girl."

His sister killed a little girl...barely at the age of 15...This is what...how can Ayumu still...see her as a sister. Hal thought with a hand on his chin as he sat up from his chair and nodded his head no. No...there is something else. Ayumu was there when she tried to commit suicide twice. I'm missing something here...god, I wish I had my sister here. She is a lot smarter at this.

"..." he falls to his bed and stares at the ceiling. Looking up...noticing a crack. "I'm...probably going to have to fix that...?"

He stares at the ceiling...then back to the folder. He thinks hard...the ceiling...something came to mind and he grabs his phone from the dresser and makes a phone call.

"Hello?" moments later, Mr. Kirigaya answered the call.

"Yes! Mr. Kirigaya, sir. It's me, Hal." Hal replied.

"Hal? What is it? It's 9 at night...what is it?" he asked.

"...14 victims, last one was a 15 year old girl. That was..." Hal walks over to the file and reads it...remembering when she was locked up in the cells of the game as well. "...She killed her two days before she was taken out."

"Wait, who are you talking about?"

"Ayumu's sister, Asami. She killed a girl before being taken down by your wife...she said she had the look of regret...of...that it pitted her." Hal told him.

"I don't understand, Hal."

"...Something is up with this...The imposter Scarlet is...connect about this...he called Ayumu...'little brother'. Hell, even Ayumu said the guy might know more and crap." Hal said.

"Wait, what are you saying?" Mr. Kirigaya asked through the phone.

"Somehow, that guy that trapped the players in Freedom Wars Online is connected to Asami." Hal told him before going over the file once again.

...

...

...

...