Chapter 58 Nina's Integration/ "2"

//Hal POV//

"...Ready? One...two...three!" Hal listen to Kazuto as they gave the bed one final push into the back of the van.

"Is it inside all the way in?" Hal yelled to the front of the van. Asuna's head pops out of the window.

"Yeah? Are you two sure this is a good idea?" Asuna asked with worry.

"No, it isn't. But we can't let the FBI unplug Ayumu after what happen when he was almost killed." Kazuto said as he and Hal climbed into the back and close the door behind them.

"Okay, Asuna. Let's go, we need to go before the FBI show up." Kazuto said and the engine starts.

"I thought that the FBI was with us?" Hal asked.

"After what happen with Ayumu's body. They want to study him...especially from what you saw in there." Kazuto told him.

"I don't know what I saw." Hal told him. "One second he wasn't breathing, he was the dead. And then all of a sudden-"

"Ah!" Right at that moment, Ayumu's body shot up in a sitting position.

"AHHHH!! Ayumu?!" Hal cried out to see Ayumu Hayashi wake up from the nerve gear. "H-How are you awake?!"

"...H-Hal..." Ayumu muttered as he looks towards him. Hal watched his tired eyes get light in them...only to see pure sadness as tears wash over them as he raised the helmet slowly off his head. "...Where is...Am I out of the..? A...Asami? Ryuko...?"

"Ayumu...look at me." Hal attempted to get his attention as Ayumu looked at the nerve gear. "Ayumu...come on. What happen to my sister, Ann. What about Nina, Shizuka...uh...Beatrice. Ayumu!"

"...Safe...they are safe...Hal." Ayumu told him before he fell back.

"Ayumu? Ayumu?! Ayumu!" Hal shouted as he began to grab Ayumu by the shoulder.

"Hal, stop. He's unconscious now...he needs to rest." Kazuto told Hal while grabbing Hal's arm to stop him.

"...Alright...alright." Hal sighs.

"We need to get going...Asuna! Drive out now!" Kazuto told his wife. And after saying that, the van was moving. Hal checking the monitor connected to Ayumu, his heart was beating steady and he seemed to be alright, guess all he needs is rest.

---April 2031---

//Nina POV//

"Nina..." Nina turns to look and see her older sister standing at the doorway. "Be careful out there, will you?"

"You know I will." Nina smiled to her as she grabbed her bag and heads out the door.

It's been a few weeks since they all have gotten out of the game. She remembered siting in the cabin with the other girls. Natalie's guild and Uwe's as well were there waiting. Next thing she knew, everything went white and then she woke up. Laying in a bed and wearing a Nerve Gear, she realized that she was out of the game. Ayumu and Ryuko actually did it and beat Gaara, she thought. Ann was crying, Shizuka was quiet as she quickly removed the helmet and threw it across the room. Surprising Beatrice who immediately sat up from the noise. She then attempted to talk but her voice was so dry they could barely hear her.

"And be home before dark, do you understand?" Nina was brought back from her thoughts when her sister called out to her again.

"Yeah, yeah...I understand." Nina told her while rolling her eyes as she open the door.

Ring! Ring!

"Hmm?" Nina took out her phone when she received a message from...

"Coming to pick you up, A.H." it was a message from Shizuka's phone. But when she saw the initials...she smirked-