Chapter 47 Recovering

//Nina POV//

---Five Days Later---

"..." Nina awoke to a cry. It didn't come from the room all the girls of the guild were sharing with Ayumu...it came from next door. It was Ryuko who had cried out, Nina had placed a sound monitor into the room Ryuko was resting in and was a device only she could hear clearly. Nina was lucky she was sleeping at the edge of the bed this time; it was Beatrice and Ann turn to snuggle with Ayumu. So Nina got up from the bed and walked out to go to Ryuko's room.

She entered the room to see Ryuko at the corner of the room. Her eyes frightened and tears pouring down her eyes. Her hands were griping the side of her hair. Nina gasped to the whimper she was making and quickly ran to the young girl.

"Ryuko!" Nina called out as she ran to her and landed on her knees. Wrapping her arms around her but Ryuko flinches and tries to push her away. "H-Hey, Ryuko! It's ok, it's just me. Only me, Nina..."

"..." Ryuko didn't say anything but once she realized who was holding her, she stopped struggling and hugged her tightly.

"Was it another nightmare?" Nina asked her as she lifted her up from the ground, helping her walk back to bed. "Ryuko, was it another nightmare?"

"...M-hm..." Ryuko nodded, it was a start since she wouldn't talk to anyone except Ayumu.

"Come on...get back to bed." Nina told her and to her surprise...Ryuko listened and got into the bed. Nina then pulled the blanket over her and rubbed her cheek.

"..." Ryuko turns to look at her.

"Was it about him?" Nina asked and she earned a quick nod from her. Ryuko then suddenly gripped onto Nina's arm, hugging her tightly. "You're safe, don't worry, Ryuko."

That bastard is going to pay...No one human could do this to a young girl. Nina thought as she hugged Ryuko back.

"Do you want me to sleep here with you?" Nina asked her.

"...M-hm." Ryuko nodded her head.

"Ok, scoot over." Nina smiled as Ryuko moves over as she lies down on the bed. Pulling the cover over her body and pulling Ryuko towards her, hugging her as she smiles at the young girl. "Better?"

"..." Ryuko doesn't say anything but only smiles back before closing her eyes. Nina waited for a few minutes to see that Ryuko had fallen asleep...Nina looks up with narrow eyes and anger coursing through her thoughts.

He will pay...I promise you, Ryuko...he will pay. Nina thought as she finally closed her eyes.

//Ann POV//

---Morning---

"Ryuko, can you pass me the plate?" Ann asked the girl who was in the kitchen with her serving breakfast while the others have left to buy...ingredients for hot chocolate!

"..." Ryuko smiles as she hands Ann the plate that was on the table.

"Thank you...How was your morning, Ryuko? No more nightmares?" Ann asked her, only to receive a slight nod no. "Well! Forget about that! You are about to taste! The! Most amazing! Chocolate Pancakes!"

"..." Ryuko could only smile more at the mention of pancakes.

"They should be back right...about...now!" Ann smiled as her group appeared from a teleport crystal. To which Ryuko gasped with joy and grabs onto her shoulders. Shaking her a bit but then she-

"M-More...a-anoth...another! A-An...Another!" Ryuko rasped out. Shocking her and the others at way she was speaking. She was speaking up again.

"A-Again? What do you want me to do?" Ann asked.