Chapter 2 Confession Too Late

//Ayumu POV//

---Later At School, Lunch---

"Alright, class!" Mrs. Shido claps her hands together to get the class attention before they stood up to go to lunch. "I was informed from the student council to tell you all that the school festival will commence in two days...though, the romance club has been in charged and has said that couples will being in games during the festivals."

I'm still surprise that there really is a romance club. And why is the student council letting that club...wait...damn you Shizuka! She is the lead councilor in the student council. She always teases me about things like dating...so freaking annoying. Ayumu thought as gets up.

"...Huuuh...who exactly does she think I will be with? It's so annoying." Ayumu said with a mocking smile.

"Hayashi-sama." Ayumu stops as he finally exited the class and he looks to his left to see Nina. Wearing similar clothing as Beatrice except both her socks were white. Her short violet red hair was a similar short like Beatrice except without the bow and brown eyes. She looked the same in her avatar as well except for the big grey headsets on her head in the game.

"Oh, hello, Nina." Ayumu greeted her.

Great...I forgot she calls me by my last name as well. Ayumu mentally sighs as Nina approaches him closer.

"Did Beatrice tell you that I wanted to talk to you?" Nina asked.

"Yes, she did. I was just going to get my food and head to the roof-" Ayumu stopped when Nina raised a bag that was in her hand.

"I made food." Nina quickly said.

"...I see. Very well, let's go." Ayumu told her. He then speaks again when he sees her confused and curious look, probably wondering how he thought the same. "You wanted to talk to me alone on the roof...something important? I figured you rather-"

"I do." Nina told him with a slight pink blush in her cheeks.

"Okay...let's go." Ayumu told her. They silently walk towards the stairs and start walking up it.

I wonder what she wants to talk about...maybe I should talk with her while we walk. Ayumu thought as he looks over his shoulder to see Nina rubbing her hands together while holding her lunch bag.

"I heard you made it to being an idol in Freedom Wars Online poster." Ayumu started a conversation.

"You heard?" Nina asked surprised.

"I saw it with Beatrice this morning." Ayumu told her.

Nina 'Regina' Diaz, she is friends with Beatrice and Ayumu. Though with Ayumu it is calling him stupid or teasing him. An active girl who plays in any sport available after school and works at the super market Ayumu does his shopping at. Resulting to that was where he met her and the next day at school two years ago. Ayumu doesn't really get her...but he has met her in Freedom Wars as Scarlet R.E.D. though she didn't know it was him. It was a onetime partnership when he and a group of sinners, the name for the players in the game, hired him to help another group that also hired Nina in. Her attitude in the game was no different from the real world.

She had walked up towards him and asked him to battle her to see if he really is as strong as she had heard. They were both attack class sinners, similar weapons but separate by power and energy. That also said as he knocked her down with his speed and reflects.

"By the way." Ayumu snapped out of his thoughts as Nina spoke.

"Yes?"

"What do you think about Scarlet R.E.D.?" she asked.