o n e

kayla

I lightly treaded along the metal poles that were stable against the roof of the building. Down below me, I saw people. They wore black clothing and each stood there talking.

I jumped over to the next metal pole and carefully tried to listen to them. I slowly watched their steps as they move the crates inside the building.

What are they doing?

I heard the whistle of the birds and felt the wind brushing against my skin sending chills down my spine.

I rushed to the edge of the pole and was ready to make a jump. As I bent down to launch myself to jump, I got pulled back down. My body flung across the building as I landed painfully on my back. I winced squeezing my eyes shut. As I gradually recovered in seconds time, I glanced up. My blood boiled and my anger escalated as seconds go by.

There above me holding a gun stood Katherine. Her face full of hatred, nose flared and eyebrows arched. She snatched my wrists and pulled me up roughly while pointing the gun directly at my head.

I attempt to use all my strength to push her arm away. My fingers latched onto her arm, jerking her arm away I headlock her tightly. Her hands fumbled from the sudden movements and the gun clashed against the rooftops. The impact triggered the gun. The gun fired sending a loud wave of outburst. My ears rang.

I knew Katherine was stronger than me but I at least tried to take her down. I used more of my strength to strangle her but instead, she grabbed hold of my arms and twisted it, sending multiple pains along my arm. I hissed, almost screaming.

She continued to hold me down and tried to point the gun at my head. After a while of trying to escape her grip I gave up and just left my arms dangling.

She re-pointed the gun on my head and cocked the gun. I knew it was my end, I closed my eyes and prayed for her to just to end my life now.

I heard a gunshot, my ears were ringing. The thing was, I didn't go falling down. I opened my eyes to meet Katherine on the floor beside me with blood flowing out of her forehead.

"Hey." I heard a masculine voice in the distance.

My head shot towards his direction. His chest was rising and deflating as he was retrieving oxygen. In his right hand was a gun.

Tired and exhausted was how he looked. Out of breath almost. His brown hair styled to one way. His brown eyes piercing into mine, they were dark and full of sadness but so beautiful inside. His lips were chapped and pale, but it still made me have butterflies in my stomach. His face was just perfection and I couldn't help but stare.

"Thank you," I said. I carefully observed his features properly. My eyes scanning him up and down. Glancing around rapidly. My eyes widen looking at him.

Cameron?

He gave a cheeky smile, showing off his mesmerising smile. "Hey."

"Cameron..." I breathed out and extend my arm to him for a hug. He engulfed me with no hesitation. Our warmth combined, radiating each other. The feeling off a long lost friend. "It's been so long."

I remove my arms and glanced down at Katherine. I observed her features. She had dark brown hair just like me. Her eyes shaded brown deeply just like me.

"Sorry. I wasn't supposed to do that. It was an accident. I naturally just ... and..." Cameron stumbled with a hint of guiltiness in his voice. He was panicking, his face now dripping with sweat.

"No it's okay," I said softly. "She deserved it."

Cameron came to me and engulfed me once again. Boy did I miss him. He's changed. His cologne was different and he radiates a different vibe...

Watch the sun slowly falling to sleep. The orange and yellow shades tickling the dark, deep ocean. The ocean that holds mystery. The soft waves crashing into each other. Creating bliss. Harmony. That's how I feel as of right now. In Cameron's arms.

I released from the hug and stared deeply into his eyes. They were gorgeous. Speckled hints of honey splattered on a surface of hazel brown. I felt his thumb carelessly brushing against my cheek wiping the tears that were flooding out of my eyes. I didn't even know I was crying. Guess I got lost in his eyes.

We stood together. His arms around mine. Mine around his. Both glancing over at Katherine.