s i x

kayla

I stretched my arms and legs and peeled the sheets off of my body. Cameron was next to me still fast asleep.

"Hey." Cameron said with his ermagawd voice. Guess he's not asleep.

"Hey." I responded climbing out of bed.

"You scared me last night." He said as he sat up.

"Scared myself too." I pulled a small smile and walked to my room. I changed into black leggings, a black tank top, and my flannel. I freshen myself up in the bathroom and made my way to the kitchen.

"Hey, Jack!" I smiled and sat on the counter grabbing a banana. I watched him as he attempted to cook. He kinda.. really sucks..

"Hey Kayla!" He laughed nervously. I ate as I continue to amuse myself. Couldn't even cook one that wasn't black...

"Stuff this!" He threw his hands in the air and tossed away his burnt black pancakes. I chuckled.

"Wanna to go to subway or something to grab a bite?" He suggested.

"Yeah sure. Let me tell Cameron." I walked off.

"Wait." Jack said suddenly. I paused and spun on my heels.

"Can it just be like... us two?"

"Sure alright. I'll just let Cameron know I'm out."

"Cammeronn!" I sang. I entered his room and saw his bare back. He was digging through his clothes in the closet. He hummed and glanced at me. Weow look at those pecks...

"I- I u-m," I stuttered. Shit.

I looked away to stop myself from staring.

"Yeah... um I'm going out with Jack." I stammered awkwardly, and slowly let my eyes fall onto him.

"Oh okay." He turned away. I ignored his dry reply and quickly said bye before leaving.

I laced my black converse high-tops and went outside where Jack was waiting in his car. I hopped inside the car and he began to reverse out the driveway.

"Want anything?" He asked stopping his car at the drive-thru. I shook my head no. He nodded and told the person his order. After handing the money and collecting his meal, he drove off to a park.

"So, you and Cameron." He smirked opening his meal and taking a bite.

"Nahh." I laughed shaking my head. We sat on the park bench. The park was quite empty. It had a kids playground, a lake, and a really beautiful scenery.

Jack wiggled his eyebrows wiping the sauce around his mouth.

"No, really." I chuckled again. He huffed.

"Fine then but I ship you two." He winked. Whatever makes you happy Jack."

I went onto my phone scrolling through posts from Shawn Mendes liking them and having my fangirl moment. I let out a little high-pitched squeal looking at a video of him singing.

"Uh?" Jack said awkwardly. I put my phone away and smiled at him.

"Sorry." I covered my cheeks with my sleeves.

"Shawn Mendes fan?" He smiled. I nod embarrassed.

"Awe you're so cute when you blush." He chucked his rubbish away. His words made me blush harder. We got up and started walking around the park.

"No shame for liking Shawn." He laughed head-locking me and rub my hair making it go all messy.

"Hey, hands away from my hair." I shooed him away pointing a finger at him warningly.