e p i l o g u e

a month later...

kayla

We crowded the dinner table. We were celebrating Aaliyah's eleventh birthday.

"Awh my precious is growing!" I smiled and kissed her cheek as she blew out the candles. We were at a fancy restaurant.

"Wait wait, smile!" Cameron shouted and pulled out his phone. I was wearing a long, loose wooly jumper and skinny jeans. My hair was down for the first a time in a while. I was wearing a cute, plastic, kid crown that said 'birthday girl' for some reason and Aaliyah had a crown that said 'princess'. I smiled kneeling down and kissing Aaliyah's cheek. The flash was on and it blinded me.

"Awh it was cute!" Jack smiled at me.

"Cut the cake!" I shouted. She chuckled and grabbed the knife. I sat back on my seat beside Cameron.

"Hey." He smiled wrapping his arms around me. I grabbed his hand and pulled it away. Cameron frowned and scooted away from me. He was hurt, I know it. I sighed putting my head down.

We shared the cake around and I didn't eat it, I wasn't in the mood.

"Can we go now? I'm getting tired." Aaliyah mumbled rubbing her eyes. "Of course." Cameron smiled. We wall gathered our things and piled into our own cars.

I sat in the car with a very frustrated Cameron. His knuckles turning white as he gripped the steering wheel and his jaw clenched.

"Can you drop me off at the shops?" I asked him.

"Why the hell are you going to the shops?" he asked angrily.

"To get things." I whispered.

"What things?" he asked, voice still full of anger.

"Don't worry, I'll go by myself," I mumbled looking out through the window.

"What things do you need to get?!" He asked again.

"Nothing." I muttered.

"Kayla just tell me!" Cameron said slamming on the brakes making my body jerk forward but my seatbelt caught me.

I hissed in pain as it shot through from my abdomen.

"Can you stop fighting..." Aaliyah whispered from behind.

"Aaliyah you're not part of this, shut up!" Cameron snapped. I wiped the tear that fell from my eye, it hurts so much.

"Cameron what the fuck, don't say that to her." I said managing to let it out despite the pain.

"I'll walk to the shops myself." I muttered and unbuckled my seatbelt. I opened the car door and walked outside letting the coldness hit me. Cameron already sped off.

I walked down the road until I saw the shops which I entered immediately. I grabbed the things I needed and walked to the counter. I hesitated to move and pay.

"Hey!" I heard a voice, very familiar. I looked up and saw Madison. I quickly hid the things behind me but it was no use she already saw them.

"No way!" She gasped. "Shh..." I said quietly.

"I never knew you worked here." I laughed. This made my paying so much easier. I gave her the money.

"I can't believe you bought this." She said gasping. I pulled a fake smile since I wasn't really in the mood.

"Oh my god, you're crying." She whispered. I shook my head and was about to walk away but she held my hand.

"Babe why are you crying?" She asked. "It's nothing." I mumbled.

"You should be happy." She frowned. "About this?" I pointed to my items. She nodded.

"Cameron and I haven't been on good terms." I muttered. She nodded understanding.

"If this turns out to be true then one of you has to apologise." She said and I nodded.

"I didn't mean to make him mad..." I whispered.

"Then go talk to him about it." She smiled. "Thanks Mad." I smiled hugging her.

"My shift it over about now, want me to drop you?" She asked.

"Okay." I nodded as we made our way to her car. She started driving.

It was a silent ride, it wasn't awkward. It was nice. She parked in front of the house.

"Hope things work out." She winked. "Thanks." I smiled and walked in the house. I hid my items in my jumper and walked into Aaliyah's room and knocked on the door.

It swung open and Cameron was there holding Aaliyah in his arms as he rocked her. He was crying, he was literally pouring. He held Aaliyah tightly as Aaliyah hugged him back. It shattered me.

"Cameron..." I whispered. His head shot up and he looked at me.

"Kayla... Oh my god- I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it, I didn't mean to leave you walking I'm so sorry!" He said quickly as he got out of Aaliyah's bed.

"Shh." I said soothingly as I hugged him. "We need to talk." I said. He nodded as we both walked into his room.

I closed the door and locked it before talking. I think it's the right time to tell him everything. I've been hiding things from him.

"Cameron I know you've noticed lately I've been avoiding you. It's not because I don't love you, it was because I was scared. I was growing bigger and bigger each day that I started to feel ashamed of my body and my weight." I said sighing. I was stupid to think that.

"No baby don't think that." He whispered holding my hands. "I don't think that anymore." I whispered.

"And I don't know if it's true or not but..." I took a deep breath. I got the items from underneath my jumper and showed it to him. His eyes went wide. I lifted my jumped and threw if off of my exposing my body to him. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach.

"You're pregnant?"

"Well I have pregnancy tests, I could test it." I shrugged. My belly was round, it was still small but I still wanted to make sure.

We walked in the bathroom as I did my thing. Cameron was standing very nervously.

"I didn't know, I'm sorry. It all makes sense now." He said whispering. "Don't be sorry," I said."I should be sorry."

We waited for the results as I placed the stick on the counter.

Five minutes passed and I now shaking my leg. "Who's baby do you think it is?" Cameron asked.

"Shawn's" I whispered. It had to be. It was logical...

"Oh," Cameron hung his head low. "It's okay," Cameron said sighing. "I'll help you through everything..." He smiled holding my hand.

"I can't believe if I end up pregnant, holding Shawn's baby. He's in jail for god sakes and I'm only nineteen." I sighed in disappointment. I looked up at Cameron.

"It's a positive..."

author's note

okay this book is shitty as fuck, sequel is up

check my account to find it!

vote, comment, share <3