f i v e

kalya

"Ready?" Cameron asked as he interlocks our hands together, making me, once again, feel all sorts of emotions.

I nodded as we walked onto the plane, sitting on the comfy chairs. I took the seat by the window as Cameron sits beside me. I placed my bag down at my feet and played my music on shuffle. I bought my headphones to my ears and drift off to sleep.

+

"Kayla," Cameron softly shakes me.

"Mhm..." I mumbled on his shoulder. "Ten minutes," he said. His fingers tangled in my hair, combing his fingers through it whilst letting out a chuckle.

I lifted my head from his shoulder and rubbed my eyes adjusting to the light. I turned off my music and let my beats hang around my neck again slipping my phone back into my pocket.

We got up from out seats. I slung my bag on my shoulders. He protectively wrapped his arms around me. His arms hung tightly around my shoulders. People began to crowd the walkways of the plane. We slowly followed the flow of the crowd until we reached the bagging area of the airport.

Cameron pulled me towards his chest. It's like we are a couple but we're best friends. I rest my cheek on his chest, listening closely to his heartbeat.

We stood. Still and silent we stood. It was like the world around me didn't matter. His racing heart kept me at peace.

"I think we should..." I stripped my cheek off his chest and looked into his eyes. He glanced down at me.

"Yeah.. yeah of course." He stammered and we walked closer towards the large moving belts. We spotted our belongings and rolled them out to the closest wall.

Cameron scanned the area in hopes of spotting his friends. That small sparkle his eyes reflect as he spotted them. His arms shot up waving, I followed where his eyes were and saw a crowd of teenage boys waving back. Awh cute.

Cameron took my luggage out of my hands and helped me whilst we made our way towards them.

"Come on!" He flashed a toothy smile.

"Hey!" Cameron greeted everyone with a hug.

"Kayla everybody, everybody Kayla." Cameron introduced me to his mates as they all smiled and waved at me.

I smiled feeling awkward. "Uhhh.. shit." I panicked and felt really embarrassed. "Hey?..."

Idiot. I hate social interactions. I'm such a socially awkward loser. I looked at Cameron, my face depicting "oh shit help me"... if only that was an emotion.

He chuckled and smiled. He extended his arm and I willingly moved closer towards him. His hands rested on my shoulder and he pulled my body towards his. He began to rub my shoulder soothingly.

"Hey... It's okay. Not too bad. Great greeting."

I punched his stomach playfully. "Shut up."

"I'm Hayes." A teenage with dark brown hair and beautiful, blue eyes. The ocean.

"Hello." I said smiling. The rest of the boys walked ahead of us leaving Hayes and I at the back of the crowd.

"If you're wondering that's Jack Johnson or Johnson if that's easier or JJ." He directed his finger towards a blonde guy.

"Nash, my older brother as you can tell by the eyes." He said pointing to an older version of Hayes but he had brighter and more vibrant blue eyes.

"Matt Espinosa." He pointed at another brunette. I nodded smiling. "And Jack is in at home," he said sadly.