t h i r t y - t w o

shawn

I wanted her, I wanted Kayla. I wanted her to myself. I wanted her lips on mine, I wanted to feel her body against mine, I just wanted everything about her. I'm craving her to the point it hurts but I'm trying to contain myself from the old me, I wanted to change myself. I know this is killing me but I really want her. Cameron had to be in the way, he ruined everything. He can just take Aaliyah I know she would be happier with him, I can't look after her. I'm a monster and I'm not going to do anything about it. If it comes to my needs, I'll do whatever it takes to get it.

cameron

"Aaliyah let's go." I said waiting for her with Matt. "Come on you don't want to miss out on chinese!" Matt laughed.

Aaliyah's footsteps were coming down the hallway. "Wait!" She squealed. She came with leggings and an adidas hoodie. She wore her converse with her hair in a pony tail.

"Ready?" I asked smiling. She nodded walking out the door. We piled in the car with Matt driving, Aaliyah in the front seat and me alone in the back. Sad life...

I decided to text Kayla, I really miss her.

[ cameron ] : Hey

[ kayla ] : What exactly do you want?

[ cameron ] : I want you, I want us.

[ kayla ] : Cameron, I can't. You hurt me and I won't forgive you for what you did.

[ cameron ] : I didn't mean it, I don't want Julie. I only want you.

[ kayla ] : Stop lying to yourself, move on. I've already have.

[ cameron] : With who?

[ kayla ] : None of your business.

[ Cameron ] : Hayes right?

[ kayla ] : Bye Cameron.

My throat tightened, I lost her. She doesn't love me, Hayes has her now. I wiped my tears that were running down my cheeks.

"Cameron?" I heard Matt ask. "U-urm yeh?" I said quickly wiping my tears.

"What's wrong?" Aaliyah asked. "I-it's nothing, let's just go." I said smiling and jumping out of the car that was parked.

"Come on Aaliyah." I smiled at her. She skipped into the restaurant and sat on the seats. It was a nice restaurant, it had lights that hung from the top and other statues on the corners.

"What do you want?" Matt asked flipping through the menu. "Dumplings!" She smiled widely. I nod agreeing with her. "Well dumplings it is." Matt laughed ordering the food.

I looked at the waitress, how much it reminded me of Kayla. Those times she would give me cute looks where she begs me to order for her. My eyes dropped down remembering her, she was everything to me. The person who kept me up late at night, shared all the weirdest stories and made me feel like I've completely completed life. I'm nothing without her, my happiness drained, the only person making smile and making me care is Aaliyah.

"Look!" Aaliyah giggled. I faced her while she was putting two chopsticks under the top of her lip making it stick out. "You look like a walrus!" Matt laughed copying her.

I started bursting into laughter before grabbing my phone and taking a picture of them. The lady came with 4 trays of dumplings.

"Thank you." I smiled to her before digging in. "So gewd!" Aaliyah groaned eating it. I chuckled at her while eating. I looked at my phone since I got a notification from Hayes' Instagram post.

Yeah I know, I do turn his notifications on. I went on his account and looked at the picture, my eyes started watering instantly.

"Cameron?" Aaliyah's soft voice rang through my ears. I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. I quickly blinked and wiped them.

Kayla kissed Hayes... I still think to now how much I regret not telling her sooner that I love her. How could Hayes do this to me? I thought we were bros, he took her. Hayes captioned the picture of them kissing with 'Kitten <3'.

They were at the beach, Kayla's hair perfectly wet and how it perfectly hung down her shoulder. The smile she had through the kiss hurts the most. She was happy with him, that's all that matters. I don't need to make sure I'm happy as long as she's smiling then I can cope.

Do you know how much that fucking hurts, it wasn't even a month and she already moved on. I lost complete hope in finding anyone as special and important as Kayla. She drives me nuts, I'm crazy in love with her and because of Shawn, she's gone.

I stood up from my seat having enough of showing my broken face, the face that shows how much I died inside. I walked out of the shop and down the road. I kicked the rocks that were in the way. My phone started ringing, I checked the ID caller.

"Jack G" I pressed decline and continued to walk. All I wanted was love, all I got was betrayal. My phone vibrated again, Jack G was still calling me. I declined it again not wanting to speak to anyone. I looked around the dark streets, rubbish was scattered along the edges of the road, spray paint can were chucked on the road. Our society is a complete mess.

Jack G called again which made me beyond pissed. "What the fuck do you want!" I spat answering the call. "Bro chill" Jack G said. "Chill? How do I fucking chill if the only person I loved had eyes for someone else, that someone else being my best friend!" I yelled angrily.

"Dude you need to calm down.." He said. I was pissed, sad. I was, I don't even fucking know, I'm all over the place I just wanted to die. I started crying again which I hate, I'm fucking weak over a girl. Why can't someone just take my life? I've completed my job. Kayla's happy so now there's no point in staying here when the person I care more than myself is fine.

"Cameron.." Aaliyah's soft voice rang through my ears again. She was on the phone? "What's wrong?" She asked through the phone. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and went back to reality. I wiped my tears and replied to her.

"Aaliyah.." I said. "Where are you right now?" I asked. "We're driving to pick you up now, Jack is with us." She said, I can just imagine her smiling as she said that.

"How do you know where I am?" I asked. "We're behind you!" She giggled lightly, behind me a saw a pair of headlights as the car parked beside me.

"Jump in." Matt said. I ended the call climbing in the back with Jack.

This is what I mean, Aaliyah's the only one keeping me here. She's the only reason I do truly care about something.