t w e n t y - t h r e e

kayla

"Kayla.." Hayes groaned. "Hmm?" I asked sitting up from my sleeping position. "Come" He lazily said at the other end of his bed. "Lazy." I groaned digging my face back into the sheets.

We've been like this for 2 days straight, getting up to eat and stuff but other than that we laid in bed all day. Either sleeping or talking. Glad I have my best friend here with me.

"We should do something more.. Less of this.." He said slowly. "If that makes sense.." He laughed.

"Yeah, I get it" I nodded. "Ice-cream and bananas?" I questioned. "Of course" He said standing up. I groaned again once realizing I have to stand up to get my beautiful bananas.

"Come on Kayla." Hayes said laughing while tickling me. "No!" I laughed squirming around on the bed. "Hayes s-stop!" I screamed laughing. "My- my stomach hurts from laughing!" I giggled. "I'm not going to stop until you get out of bed" He said continuing to tickle me. "Never!"

He smiled widely climbing onto the bed. I continue to squirm around between his arms. He pinned me down onto the bed, holding my arms. We were both breathing heavily, a wide smile still planted on my face as well as his.

I stared into his bright blue eyes. It eyes reminded me of Cameron somehow. I quickly shook my head, taking my eyes off Hayes which also quickly climbed off me.

"Okay let me get changed and we'll go." I said walking into my room. I changed into a black shirt and light washed denim high waisted shorts. I slipped on my black high top converse and exited my room to find Hayes.

"Ready?" He asked sitting up from the couch. He wore simple sweats and a basketball jersey. "Yep." I said grabbing my baby blue penny board. Hayes grabbed his black penny board and we both exit the house.

We rode our boards until we reached the Ice-cream shop. I excitedly jumped off my penny board and run into the shop. Hayes soon followed after.

"What do you want?" He asked looking up at the flavours. "Cookies and cream with extra bananas" I said quietly. He nodded waiting for me to order. I gave him a 'look'.

"Shit sorry, forgot." He said quickly before jumping in front of me and ordering. I want to die, my fear for not talking to random people or ordering is crazy. Literally imagine if I'm alone and I want god damn food. But guess what, my freaking fear would be in the way of getting the yum yums down my throat. I pout thinking about it, I looked behind me for an extra table. I found the perfect one, and of course my favourite one. The corner. I rushed over to sit on the seats comfortably.

"Here." Hayes smiled handing me my ice-cream. "Thanks." I said grabbing it. Hayes comfortably seats himself in front of me. "Thank you." I said again. "For what?"

"You've always been here for me, I can't thank you enough. I always seem to feel like I'm annoying and I'm glad you still stayed with me through those times." I smiled.

"It's fine Kayla. You're not annoying, in fact you're nowhere near annoying. I always wanted a friend or someone to do my stupid things with and I'm glad it is you." He smiled.

I felt warmth to my heart, he's too sweet. My smile instantly dropped when I saw two quite familiar faces walk in. Julie and Cameron.

Hayes seemed to notice and turned behind him. Once realising who was there, his eyes grew wide.

"Do you want to go or?.." Hayes asked. "No it's fine, I have to deal with it and get use to is eventually. Anyways I'm spending my day with you and no one else so I don't need to waste my time on someone like him." I smiled.