s e v e n

kayla

"Guys go get ready!" Jack screamed.

I walked into my room grabbing my bag and began packing. I chucked in a towel, spare change of clothes, sunscreen, and plastic bags. I slipped into my grey bikini top and swimming shorts. I covered up with a flannel and slid my toes into  my black flip flops and walked out of my room waiting for the other boys in the living room.

"Kayla!" I heard Cameron call. I walked over to his room. "Yes?" I closed the door behind me sitting on his bed.

"Which one?" He held up two of his swimming trunks. One was just fully black and the other one was grey, with black streaks across them.

"Grey ones." I pointed to his left arms holding the trunks.

"Okay, thanks." He quickly said and rushed to the bathroom to hurry since Jack was yelling at everyone.

I realised Cameron hasn't packed his towel or anything so I walked over to his drawer and open it by the wooden handles. There revealed many of his bags.

I rummaged through them finding a decent dark blue Nike sports bag. I chucked it on the bed closing the drawer and opened his cupboard that stores his towels. It was organised neatly by colour, I grabbed a green beach towel and stuffed that in his bag.

I looked around thinking if he needs sunscreen. No don't worry, I have some. I skipped over to his closet getting a white shirt to cover up.

I hear the bathroom door open. I turned towards him. He was shirtless and was wearing his grey trunks.

"I packed your bag for you." I said pointing at his bag that was on his bed.

"Oh thanks, Kayla." He walked over and slipped on the shirt that was there. He wore his flip flops and walked downstairs following me. We entered the living room meeting all the boys ready to go.

"Okay into the car." Jack yelled holding four boxes of pizzas. "Move it, move it!"

Johnson walked over to the seven seated car, unlocking it and starting the car up.

Nash called dibs on the front seat. We piled into the car, Jack on right in the middle row. Matthew sitting in the middle holding the drinks and Hayes on the left. Cameron and I just took the last two seats at the back.

Johnson pulled out the driveway while everyone was waiting for Nash to find the right radio station to play. Nash kept fiddling with the buttons on the radio making everyone groan.

"Hurry up and pick and station!" Matthew yelled. Nash just laughed and kept pressing them all. Johnson slapped his hand making Nash jerk his hand away and rub it.

"Hey!" Nash yelled pouting. Everyone laughed while Johnson picked a station instead.

Cameron looked out the mini windows staring at it quietly, this isn't him. The bubbly, enthusiastic, fun Cameron.

"Hey..." I softly said touching his shoulders. He turned towards me and held my hand that was on shoulders cupping it between his.

"You okay?" I heard him sniffle and I felt some wet substance on my hand. His tears. He's crying.

"I need to bring myself to court for what I did." He weakly said.

"No you don't." I tried to convince him.

Yes, he did murder someone but it wasn't entirely his fault. He fell silent, his warm grasp was pulled away from my cold hands letting my arm fall. He looked away scooting away from me leaning his head on the window. I sighed and rested my head on the seat.