t w e n t y - f i v e

kayla

"Thank you Hayes for bringing me here." I smiled at him. I looked over at the ice-skating rink. "Anytime." He smiled linking his hand with mine.

I was wearing black skinny jeans with a plain grey jumper. I threw all of my Shawn Mendes clothing away along with all the pictures and I also cancelled the items I ordered from his store. I did it for Cameron, but I guess now he wouldn't care.

I sat on the bench that were surrounding the rink to lace up my skates with Hayes beside me. "Ready?" He asked. "Have you skated before?" I asked trying to tuck the laces in the skates. "Umm actually I haven't, I'm afraid I have to admit that I'm kind of scared." He said nervously biting his lip.

"Awe, Hayes is scared!" I cooed, squeezing his cheeks together and teasing him. "Oh shut up" He pouted. "I'm sure you'll do great!" I smiled walking into the rink. Once I stepped foot on the frozen ice, I felt my legs glide. I started skating around to get used to it since I haven't skated in a while. I looked over to see Hayes still standing at the entrance, staring at the ice.

"Hayes it's okay, you'll be fine" I smiled skating towards him. I slowly grabbed his hand. "Okay take a step." I instructed him. He took a tiny, slow step. When I said slow I mean really slow. "Oh even my pet potato could go faster than that" I laughed.

He took a step carefully. "Okay, good. Now your other foot" I said carefully holding him. "Okay" He said taking a deep breath. He lifted his other leg and stepped on the ice. I slowly skated backwards letting him get a feel of the ice. "There you at it." I smiled at him. He started laughing.

"Don't ever let go of me." He said, slowly gliding his legs. "Of course not." I smiled, the thing is if you ever tell me not to let go while you're learning something, I'll always end up letting you go.

I let him skate in front of me while I lightly held onto his shoulder. "Okay you got it!" I smiled, Hayes was going really well for a beginner. "Oh my god Hayes you're actually doing it!" I cheered. "Yay!" He smiled skating.

"Please don't let me go" He begged, his eyes still ahead of him and not focused on me. I stopped skating and I released my grip from Hayes letting him skate.

"I won't!" I smiled back at him. "Kayla, you weren't suppose to leave me!" He screamed starting to panic. "You're doing great, just believe!" I yelled back. I got my phone and recorded him skating. "THAT'S MY BOY" I smiled to myself. Oops said it too soon. Hayes slipped on the ice, landing straight on him bottom. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I ended the video there, thank god I started recording.

I skated towards him after I calmed down, but only to start bursting again. "Shut up." He groaned getting up. "Too good." I smiled.

"I'm so done skating" He mumbled. "Just skate out and I'll let you pass." I smiled. He instantly started skating away to exit the rink, it was slow at first but he started to pick up the pace. He made it to exit and sat on the benches.

I smiled over to him, proud I am. Make sense? No, deal with it. He gave me a thumbs up and I started to skate. I started to get into position to do a biellmann spin. It took a while to learn but I got there. After doing the biellmann spin, I did a camel spin and then ended with a charlotte spiral.

I did great, in my opinion. I mean I haven't skated in ages. "Woo Kayla!" Hayes yelled. I smiled over to him. I decided that I was done skating so I skated off the rink and changed into my black converse.

We walked out of the rink, handing our hired skates back and headed outside. "I need food." Hayes groaned hopping onto his penny board. Yes we didn't bring a car. How smart of us. I rode my penny board in a very slow pace. "Yeah we can go get some food." I replied. "Since we can't penny board to far areas we can just get some pizza and eat it on top of the roof." Hayes said. "That would be cool!" I smiled agreeing.

We arrived at a pizza place ordering 2 boxes of pizzas just incase some of the boys want some. "Okay let's hurry, it's literally 9 at night" Hayes laughed handing me one box. We half skated and half ran home.

I excitedly ran to the door knocking. Yess! I haven't knocked doors in ages. The door swung open and all the boys crowded me.

"Ooh how's your day?" Nash asked.

"You know I love you right? Matt asked.

"You're really cool, we should hang sometime" Aaron said.

"Okay..?" I said awkwardly. "It's okay Kayla, they just want the food!" Jack yelled making me laugh.

"Yeah yeah, I got you guys a box. Here" I said, putting the box on the table.

"I'll shower and I'll be up there" I said to Hayes. He nodded letting me into my room. I quickly shower and change into sweats and a black shirt. I feel so dark, my outfits are dark and I'm always not stylish. Oh wells. I slipped on my black socks and walk outside.

"Kayla join us!" Matt yelled from the lounge room. I walk over to them. I see Cameron and Julie sitting on the couch in each other's arms. It hurts but I guess I have to get use to it. "Nah, thanks though." I smiled at them.

"Kayla come on!" Hayes yelled at the other side of the lounge room. I looked over at Cameron who was staring daggers at Hayes. I shrugged. "Okay." I smiled walking over to Hayes.

He intertwined his hands in mine and we walked outside. He held the one box of pizza while we climbed up onto the roof. "Ahh okay" Hayes sighed lying on the roof tiles. I sat beside him, opening up the box of pizza in front of us. "Smells good!" I sniffed the pizza.