t w e n t y - s i x

kayla

"Kayla" Cameron panicked. "What? It's literally 3 in the morning!" I said annoyed.

"I'm sorry. Kayla I really am, I didn't mean anything I've said to you in the past few days." He said crying. His face was hard to see in the dark, but I do know he is crying.

"Just go." I said. "Kayla please.." He said. "I love you, I do. More than I love anyone else." He said sitting on the couch, yes my bed is still not here and I wanted to sleep alone. I scooted further away from him. "Cameron.. Please leave me alone." I sighed.

He looked down before scooping me in his arms. I froze in his arms. He pulled me close to his chest, this time I didn't try to stop him. I missed this. I dug my face closer to his chest. Cameron's lips crashed into mine, I didn't respond or kiss back. I was speechless. He pulled away "I love you." He whispered and walked away, leaving me shocked.

I sighed pulling the sheets over my face as I cried. I didn't know I missed him this much, my other half. I lost Julie, Cameron and I have no interest in Shawn anymore. I used to be a fan of him, I looked up to him and I was inspired by his kindness, it's just different now.

cameron

I wanted Kayla to hear me say I love her for the last time. "Soo Cameron" I heard Shawn's voice, I cringed at the sight of him. "What?" I spat.

"I heard you talked to Kayla" He said. "No I didn't" I lied. "You said you loved her?" He smirked.

"As I said, I didn't talk to her." I snapped at him.

"Cameron you shouldn't be lying around me when I have everyone you love under my hands." He sniggered. I shot him a dirty glare.

"I clearly said to stay away from Kayla or Michael would be dead, didn't I?"

"And I clearly said I didn't talk to Kayla" I said. If he killed Michael I will never forgive myself because I caused it. I mean I already killed Katherine, Kayla's real mother. How did I know? I overheard Jack and Kayla talking about it. I've cried every night from the guilt, I haven't forgiven myself for that and I never will. If Michael get's killed, boy who knows what I'll do.

"Cameron, no need to lie. I already have all the proof. Admit it and I won't hurt Michael." He smirked. "I didn't talk to her." I said through gritted teeth.

"Listen." He smirked holding his phone against my ear. I heard her mother screaming. I closed my eyes, Michael started yelling at him to stop. I heard many other disturbing noises that my ears couldn't bare.

"Okay I talked to her, now stop hurting her family!" I yelled in anger.

"Awe Cameron, learn to never trust me." He smirked. "He is already dead" He said.

"What the actual FUCK!" I screamed pushing him.

"You fucking idiot!" I screamed in rage ready to punch him.

He shushed me, holding up in phone again. I read the caller. 'Joanne' Kayla's mother. (a/n: sorry didn't add it in the beginning) I held my breath while she picked. "S-Shawn.." She asked, her voice trembling. Oh no.. what did I do?..

"How's Michael?" Shawn asked smirking. "D-dead.." She said barely audible.

"Good, who should be next?" Shawn laughed. "Please s-stop" She cried.

"Hmm.. should it be.. Kayla?" Shawn suggested. "Don't you fucking dare lay a finger on her." I screamed at him. I pushed him to the ground and grabbed the phone.

"Cameron? Oh thank god" She said. "Yes it's alright Mrs Thompson. I'm so sorry for your loss, I'll protect your family okay? I'll be here for you." I said out of breath.

"No Cameron, sweetie. Don't worry about me, I'm only afraid for Kayla. Is she okay?" She asked panicking. "We aren't on talking terms, long story short. Shawn says I need to make her hate me to keep your family alive. I'm so sorry, I failed." I said quickly before Shawn comes at me. "Cameron, she'll always love you remember that. I'll be safe okay? I just need to give the news to Kayla about her Dad. Cameron thank you so much, I'm so glad Kayla found a person like you."

"It's okay, I'll do anything for Kayla. Honestly if there's a future.. I would be glad to be able to call Kayla my wife." I sighed. "Thank you Cameron, I'll be happy for you both." She said through the phone.

"Cameron!" Shawn angrily said standing up. "Oh no.. Okay Cameron, please protect Kayla and yourself please. Don't worry about us, Sam and I will be fine." She said panicking once she heard Shawn.

"I'm so sorry for putting your family in this position. I'll protect Kayla and she'll live the life she wished for, I promise." I said.

Shawn ran up towards me and ripped the phone out of my hands. He quickly ended the call and walked away. I sat on the floor pulling my knees towards my chest. What did I do? I should have never made Kayla meet Shawn.