t h i r t y - s i x

kayla

"GET UP PEOPLE!" I heard someone yell as I felt myself being jumped on.

"WE'RE GOING TO UNCLE JACK'S HOUSE!" It was Aaliyah for sure. Cameron groaned and laughed. I smiled opening my eyes.

"Aaliyah!" Cameron whined tackling her on the bed. "You'll pay for waking me up every morning!" He yelled tickling her. I laughed. He started making fart sounds on her belly and her arms. Man he's such a good dad.

I smiled as I remembered our conversation last night. It was nice, soothing. It was just us two spilling everything out, how we felt about everything. Honestly, I think that brought us closer. I feel like I could trust him again.

"When are we leaving?" Cameron asked Aaliyah. "In 10 minutes, we're having a mini party." Aaliyah smiled.

"SUSHI!" She yelled running to him and hugging him. "Sorry about that Kayla, she's my alarm now." Cameron laughed.

"It's fine, I like it. It's kind of cute." I smiled looking at their relationship.

I took a shower and changed into skinny jeans and a random shirt. I wore my dark blue bomber jacket and walked out. Everyone was crowded on the couch. Aaliyah was passed out asleep, cuddled up against Sushi.

"She's been sleeping a lot." Cameron laughed draping his arms around my shoulder. I laughed and snuggled closer to him. "Come on let's go to Johnson and Gilinsky's house." We all piled in the car. It was a separate property to the one we're all in now. Jack and Johnson bought it themselves and use it here and there.

Cameron held Aaliyah who was asleep on his lap. Gilinsky and Johnson were very popular with music as well as Shawn. I still don't know why Cameron lost all of his fame, it's actually really sad because I knew back then how much he cared for them and how much he loved making videos and making people laugh.

I guess I had a fair amount of followers since I was in nearly all the boys instagram but I won't say I'm famous.

"Please have mercy on me!" I heard Shawn's song through the radio. "Fucking skip it." Gilinsky and Cameron said. I raised my eyebrow laughing.

"Come on get out you losers." I heard someone say and the door opened. I walked out and was greeted by two of Gilinsky and Johnson's friend. I saw one of them, he looked familiar, way too familiar. I gasped when I realised who he was.

"SAMMY!" I screamed running to hug him. "Kayla?" He asked shocked. I jumped and wrapped my legs around him. "I missed you!" I screamed almost crying.

He placed me down on the ground. "You've grown kiddo." He laughed hugging me again. "Look you dyed your hair blonde!" I yelled touching it.

"Yeah yeah." He laughed brushing my hands away. Back in Chino, he was very close to my family. My brother Sam and Sammy met on the first day of school, they met and became best friends because they had the same name. It was kind of like Jack and Jack. He was like family to me, he was probably the first friend I had before Cameron. He also the one who made me really comfortable when moving into a new family.

"Can you carry her?" Cameron asked handing me Aaliyah who was half asleep. "Piggyback?" I asked her. She nodded weakly. Cameron carefully placed her on my back. Her arms slowly made it's way around my neck as I held her legs from each side for support.

"Hey Sam!" Cameron smiled hugging him. We all walked into the house and all made ourselves comfortable.

"Wait Cameron!" I screamed. He turned and looked at me. "Yes?" he asked. "1, 2, 3. GO!" Gilinsky whispered. Aaliyah was already awake so she of course ran first. We all then ran away from Cameron and into the kitchen.