t w e n t y

kayla

I sat on the couch thinking about what to do. He loves me, I mean I don't even know what love is.. It broke me though, my heart shattered from his words. It hurts, I really didn't mean to hurt him, I just also didn't want to hurt Shawn either. Cameron was more important to me than Shawn.

"Are you okay Kitten?" I heard Hayes ask behind me. I wiped my tears quickly. "Yeah!" I laughed turning away from his face. I didn't want Hayes seeing me like this. "What's wrong?" Hayes asked sitting next to me. "It's nothing" I said brightly.

"Look at me Kayla." Hayes said softly. Hayes said my name, I know he's not joking right now. I felt his warm fingers on my chin turning my head softly facing him. His eyes soften at the look of me. "Kayla.." He whispered. "I'm here for you, always and forever." Hayes said. "I'm always going to be a brother, I'm always going to be here and I'll never leave. Kayla please know that, you can always talk to me."

"Than-" I got cut off by loud crashing sounds. It alarmed me making me jump up from the couch. That Cameron's room. No no no, what is he doing? My heart pace quickened and I could feel it literally coming out of my chest.

"Cameron." I said to Hayes before running to Cameron's room. I opened the door knowing he doesn't lock his doors. I entered the room seeing Cameron angrily standing there, eyes red from crying. His room was trashed, furniture thrown on the floor and walls with cracks and dents. "Cameron..." I whispered shocked. I started sobbing from the sight of him like this.

"Cameron listen to me." I cried. Cameron looks at me sadly before dropping on the floor. "Cameron!" I screeched running toward his body, kneeling down beside his head. I cupped his face softly placing it on my lap.

"Cameron look at me." I softly said running my hands through his sweaty hair. "Please.." I said sadly. He looked up at me, his cheeks red as his bloodshot eyes. The side of his lips chapped and cracked, with blood seeping out. I felt miserable, he's so precious I can't believe I hurt him this much.

"First of, you're only hurting yourself. You never hear me out. Never let me talk. You just cut me off. Constantly. You could have avoided all of this if you would just listen Cameron." I sighed.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I didn't want to hurt Shawn so I let him do it but I swear on my life I didn't want him to. I have my eyes on you, Cameron I want you and only you. You mean so much to me, I swear I didn't mean to hurt you like this. Cameron you've helped me so much and I won't ever let you go. After everything you've done for me I'll never choose my idol over someone so special to me. Cameron I-" I thought about it deeply. "I-I love you" I said. The words just slipped out my mouth I didn't see it coming. My eyes widen by looking at Cameron who had wide eyes just like me, he didn't see it coming either.

Cameron stood up and peeled away from my grip. He left the room. He left me alone. After I finally confessed something I never knew I would have said. He didn't love me back.. I pull my knees towards my chest. He doesn't love me back. I dug my face in between my knees and cried.