f o r t y - e i g h t

two weeks later

kayla

"Move it you loser!" I yelled, kicking Aaliyah's butt. We were in the plane going to Chino Hills to visit my mother and Sam.

"Children settle down!" Cameron said grabbing both of our hands like a father. We walked down the rows of seats until we found ours.

"I'm taking window!" Aaliyah screamed and jumped in first. I was going to claw her flesh out, but let's be kind for once Kayla.

"Sure kid." I smiled sweetly. I chuckled then sat in the middle seat as Cameron took the end.

"You guys are so difficult!" Cameron said huffing as he placed his things down. He's probably stressed from the way Aaliyah and I muck around a lot. Oops...

"I'm nineteen, I'm not difficult. It's just this kid." I rolled my eyes and pointed to Aaliyah.

"Well I'm ten and I'm older than you!" She said poking her tongue out.

"You wish!" I laughed poking her tongue. "Salty!" She laughed tasting it.

"Just like your personality!" Cameron teased. "BURN!"

"What happen to being childish?" I asked turning over to Cameron. "Hey I wanted to join in, I'm only twenty." he laughed.

"You are?!" I gasped. "I think?" He mumbled.

"Damn, don't even know your own age." I jokingly shook my head in disappointment.

Lately I've been noticing things, I've put on a lot of weight and it's making me feel self conscious. It's also quiet noticeable so it's scaring me.

I've been wearing baggy clothing lately so I could hide it. I don't want Cameron leaving me because of my weight. It's not even because I'm eating a lot as well, I've been so picky with food that sometimes I'll just miss meals because I get mad over the fact that nothing tastes the same anymore.

I rested my head on the seat as I felt the plane move.

"Are you alright?" Cameron asked me. I nodded.

"Why are you asking?" I asked looking over to him.

"You've been... distant. You always keep the bathroom door locked and you'll never let me see you during showers or when you're brushing your teeth or washing your face. You avoid my my hugs and you don't let me wrap my arms around your waist. You always hide yourself, you never sleep in long clothing but now you do. You hate the feeling of it and for some reason you're sleeping in sweats and jumpers. Kayla what's wrong?"

It's only because I'm fat and you'll judge me. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm fine. You didn't do anything and nothing it wrong. I just need a little space." I said slowly.

I don't need a little space, neither do I want to. I love his touch, the feeling being around him or even his arms around me. It's always made me feel better, it always made me feel safer. In this case, I don't want to show him my body. It's disgusting.

Cameron nodded sighing. "You can tell me anything." He said.

"I know I can." I smiled grabbing his hands.

+

I nervously knocked on my mum's house door. Cameron and Aaliyah behind me. The door swung open and I saw my mother.

"MUMMYY!" I screamed hugging her. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her tightly.

"Kayla good to see you sweetie!" She bubbled kissing my cheek.