f o r t y - f i v e

kayla

I fluttered in delight when Shawn's hands were intertwined with mine. I don't like him in that way though, he's more of a best friend. We were strolling down the park not far from home. Apparently someone said we are going to have a small party tonight. I don't know why though, it was so weird. He squeezed my hands.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly. "I'm fine." I mumbled. When I mumble I'm not pissed off or sad, I'm just not bothered to talk louder.

"Speak up." Shawn said. "I'm fine." I said rolling my eyes. Yes I get all prissy when someone asks me to speak up which is everyone living but Cameron and Aaliyah.

Cameron could always hear what I say even if it's gibberish. "Sorry." He sighed. "No it's fine." I exhale.

All of a sudden, everything crashes on top of me. Why can't I have one day, one day full of no sad thoughts about Cameron. Why was he so stupid, stupid enough to cheat on me. To kiss a fan, what is this bullshit. Honestly, I'm done dealing with him.

Shawn stopped walking as I looked around. Why did he stop. "We got to go back." He said stiffening.

"Okay." I said in a low whisper. "The party already started." he said slightly chuckling. I nodded as we walked back.

"Hey there's a bird." I said all of a sudden and removed my hands from Shawn. I pointed to the bird that was flying. Yes, yes I know, I'm great at making excuses to get rid of his touch. This one, by far the worse.

"And?" He asked not getting why it was so interesting. "It's flying?..." I muttered. He chuckled as we made it to the house. I entered and realised everyone was here. Everyone but Cameron... There it goes again, thoughts about Cameron. I shook it off and greeted everyone.

"Hey Sammy!" I beamed hugging him. "Hey kiddo" He smiled hugging back.

Aaliyah and Matt wasn't here, maybe they're out. Aaliyah did say that she was going out with Matt.

"Hey Kayla!" I heard Jack yell. There weren't many people. Just close friends and family, we were just having our own little conversations with foods and drinks. I spotted Jack and walked up to him. I saw a girl with dark hair behind him.

"Kayla I want you to meet my girlfriend." He smiled. I saw her as she walked from behind him. "Madison." She greeted. I smiled and shook her hand. "Kayla, obviously." I chuckled. She giggled and smile.

"Well you two get to know each other, I'm going to get drinks." Jack said and walked off. "So Jack's sister?" She asked and I nodded.

She sighed, "I know what happened in the past." She frowned slightly. "I just want you to know that I'll be here for you if anything happens." She smiled gently. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"So how are you and Cameron?" She asked. That pulled a trigger. I felt tears already coming down. "Oh no babe, I'm so sorry." She said panicking as she pulled me in a hug. She was so sweet, man Jack found a great girl.

"No, no it's fine." I chuckled sniffing while wiping my tears. "So how are you and Jack?" I asked trying to change topics. "Great, he's a great guy." She blushes and I laughed.

"I don't know if this is good but I know Peyton and Julie." She said quietly. "They're kind of my friends..." She said nervously. I nodded.

"That's fine." I smiled. "But I refuse to be friends with them, it's just pressuring." She said and I nodded. I frowned, wow.

"Look I'll catch you later?" She asked and I nodded. "Definitely." I smiled as she walked off.

I walked back upstairs and sat on my bed. I swear everyone is going to be drunk tonight...