chapter forty two:

Issy's P.O.V.

I couldn't turn round, I just couldn't. Seeing him crying would kill me. Seeing his face. "Issy, you alright?" Matt said as we boarded the plane. I nodded my head and we took out seats. Matt was coming with me and staying for a couple of weeks until I settle. "It'll be fine. Olly's a big boy." he said, resting his hand on mine. At the time, I was think it's completely innocent. Here we go, 23 hour flight, without my family.

I woke up in a white room, so white it hurt my eyes. I saw a figure in the distance. Olly. "Olly!" I shouted. Suddenly one figure turned into two. It was a woman. Wait, another person came, a boy. I know who these are. My children. "Olly, Holly, Scott!" I shouted, they couldn't hear me. They came nearer and I noticed they aged, a lot. Olly was around 50, Holly was around 30 and Scott 20. "When can we see Mum?" Holly said. Olly sighed. "When she decides to make an effort. She hasn't been part of your life for 20 years. I doubt she'll be bothered now." Holly nodded and they carried on walking, walking straight past me.

I woke up and jumped. I felt an arm over me, and I was leaning on someone's lap. I looked up and saw Matt asleep. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I checked the time, it was 4 in the morning. Wow. Only 4 hours left. "I'll call you the minute I land." I remember telling Olly, before we left. That dream creeped me out. I'd never leave my kids. Not for 20 years. I put my head back and tried to get some sleep, but I don't think that was happening. I put on my headphones and watched a movie on the TV. Tangled. Yippee. Something to remind me of my family who are thousands of miles away.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are here." The pilot said. I leaned over Matt and looked out the window. Wow. Australia. My dad and I's dream. "Look dad, we're here." I whispered up to the sky. I smiled and unplugged my headphones. Matt has been out of it for hours. I thought I'd wake him. "Matt? We're here." I whispered, shaking him. He immediately opened his eyes, which made me jump. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." he said, rubbing his eyes. I shrugged and looked out the window. "It's beautiful isn't it." He nodded. "Like you...your new job." I smiled and leant back.

"Thanks Matt." I said as I grabbed my suitcases from him. "Right, let's go." He said, walking out of the airport. I regret wearing jeans, it's bloody hot. "I've hired a car. Should be here soon. Look out for my name." he said, looking at the people around. "Ah, there we go." He said, pointing to a man sitting on the bonnet of his car. "Hi I'm Matt and this is your new employee, Isabella Davis." I shook his hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Sir." He shook my hand back. "You too, miss." He said, in one of those sexy Australian accents. Mmm. We got in the car and I immediately got my phone. "I'm just going to call Olly." I said to Matt, he nodded and started talking to the man. I went through my contacts and found Olly and immediately pressed call. "Hello?" Olly said in his sleepy voice, obviously not checking the caller ID. "Ols?" I said. "Issy!" He shouted down the phone. "How are you? Safe flight? When do you land? Don't get into strangers cars or-" "Olly, I'm fine. I'm in the car with Matt and I think my new boss. He seems cool. It's so hot here though, regretting wearing jeans." he laughed. "I bet." "I miss you so much." "I miss you too, shall I get the kids?" "Yeah please!" He put the phone on speaker phone. "Mummy!" They both shouted. "Hello my gorgeous babies!" And we talked for about 20 minutes. "Issy, we're here." I nodded. "Mummy's got to go now, I'll call you later. Love you millions." "love you too!" They shouted. "I love you, Olly." "I love you too, Issy. Knock 'em dead." I laughed and hung up. "Here is your new apartment." Matt said, handing me the keys. "Fucking hell." I mumbled under my breath. I put the key in the door and it opened. I walked in and I was literally blown away. There was a massive kitchen, a massive living room, dining room. I moved and I was landed in the bedroom. A huge double bed with an on suite. "There's more." Matt said, opening the double doors. "Wow." A huge garden, with a swimming pool. oh my god. "How did you...?" He laughed. "I have my ways." I ran up to him and have him a hug. "Thank you so much." He hugged me back and I pulled away. "We're going out tonight, I'll pick you up at 7." I nodded and he left. I got out my phone and FaceTimed Olly. "Hey baby!" Olly said, looking as gorgeous as ever. "Olly my apartment is gorgeous! I love it so much." He smiled, like he was proud. "I knew you would. Matt wanted to put you somewhere else but I wanted you t-" "what? You did this?" He nodded and looked confused. "Didn't Matt tell you?" I shook my head. "The twat." Olly muttered under his breath. "Thank you, Olly. You're amazing and I love you so much!" He kissed the camera. "I love you moreeeee." We were on FaceTime for about two hours when there was a knock on my door. "I'll talk to you later, love you all millions!" And I hung up. I walked up to the door and opened it. "Hello, I'm Miranda. I'm your new co-worker!" The happy Australian lady said. I shook her hand and invited her in. "No it's fine, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded and shut the door. I started the explore my new apartment, wow.

---

The next day slowly came and I was soon enough getting into Matt's car to drive me to work. "Sorry I didn't come out yesterday." I said. "You missed a good night." "Hey Matt, why didn't you tell me Olly picked out my apartment?" He didn't reply for a couple of minutes. "we're here. Break a leg." I nodded and got out of his car and walked up to the door. I slowly opened it, patted down my pencil skirt and walked it. "Isabella Davis?" I asked the lady on reception. "Ah yes, welcome, Miss Davis. take a seat." I nodded and walked to the seats. "Isabella?" Someone called. i looked round and saw the man who picked us up from the airport. "Hello!" I said, greeting him. "Come this way." I did as I was told and followed him.

"Olly, it was amazing! Everyone is so nice, I've already got my first piece of-" I stopped, I thought I was going to be sick. "Issy, are you alright?" I nodded. "Thought I was going to be sick. Probably cos I've been on a 23 hour flight!" He nodded and laughed. "I'm happy for you." He said. "You don't sound it." "I just miss you." "I miss you too." "I've got to go, Is. Tour rehearsals." "Good luck, love you!" "Love you too." And before I know it he was gone. My thoughts were disrupted when I ran to the toilet. I made it just in time, threw up everywhere. "Ugh" i thought to myself. Why was i throwing up? Maybe I ate something bad. I got up, and walked over to the bed. I took off my shoes and took a nap.

I woke up a couple of hours later, still feeling crap. I thought I'd call Olly. But he beat me to it. My iPhone was flashing with a skype call from Olly. his beautiful face appeared on the screen. "Hey baby." I said, blowing a kiss. "Hi gorgeous." "Olly, I think I'm gonna be-" too late. I got up and ran to the toilet, just making it. I could hear Olly's faint calls of my name but they soon stopped. I got up and walked back to my phone. Olly wasn't there anymore. I was just staring at my lock screen - a picture of Olly and I. This is how it's going to be now, me in the apartment, all by myself.

~VOTE FOR NEXT CHAPTER~