chapter seventy six:

"I love you."

"No I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you even more."

"I love you to infinity and beyond."

"You're an idiot."

"I know, but I'm your idiot."

I giggled as I pecked his lips. "That you are indeed baby."

Olly glanced at his watch for the 10th time in 10 minutes. "Olly, calm down. She's only been gone for half an hour. He'll bring her back before 10! Chillax!"

"Chillax, really? What are you, like 12?"

"No but our daughter is and she is on a date and you, mister, need to understand that he is her first boyfriend and she likes him and she's not going to have her daddy be at the cinema with her, like in cheaper by the dozen 2!"

"My god, I love that movie." I nodded in agreement. "Let's watch it!"

---

"Thank you, Charlie. I had a good night." Olly jumped out his seat and ran to the living room window, peaking out there.

"Me too, Holly."

"He's gonna kiss her. Shit I've got to stop this!" I ran up to Olly, holding him back. I peaked out there, and he was leaning in.

"Come on, away from there." I pulled him away from the window and sat back down in the seat we were in.

"They've been out there for ages."

"Olly, act like nothing happened. She doesn't wanna know that her dad was watching her when she had her first proper kiss. Okay?"

He sighed and nodded.

We heard the door open and we resumed the movie, even though it was basically finished.

"Hey sweetie, did you have a good time?" I asked her. She came in grinning from ear to ear.

"Really good. The movie was great."

"Anything else happen?" Olly butted in. I rolled my eyes and hit him. She shook her head and ran off to her bedroom.

"Idiot. I'm gonna go and speak to her." I walked up the stairs and entered her room. "What really happened then?"

She giggled. "He kissed me!"

---

BEWARE: epilogue next x