Chapter forty seven: Promise

Third Person's PoV

Two weeks have gone by ever since the couple have returned to the palace. Everyone inside the building is feeling the intense pressure coming from their future king and queen. Louisa's human scent triggers some vampires' lust for blood, hence why Alexander stays by her side twentyfour/seven to assure the safety of his family.

Even if that means he had to lock his own wife up in his quarters while he attends to his duties. His responsibilities as the future king are starting to weigh heavier and heavier especially when his coronation is nearing. Alex hasn't told his wife about the said event yet fearing that the news will stress her out. She is pregnant after all.

The prince entered the supreme court, all officials dipped their heads down to acknowledge his powerful presence.

"Please be seated." He calmly asked them before making his way towards the throne placed in the middle of the supreme courthouse. The lords obeyed and took a seat on their designated spots. "As you all are aware, I'm too busy taking care of my pregnant wife. We should get started right away."

"Yes, Your Highness." The lords answered in unison.

Lord Kalix Desmont is the first one to stand up to express his concerns.

"Your Highness, if I may...I have talked to my people about their opinions on having a human as their future queen. They are a bit confused as to why you chose a human to become your partner." Panimula nito.

Umangat lang ang kilay nito sa kanya.

"Are you perhaps implying that my heart chose wrong?" May pagbabanta sa mababang boses ni Alex dahilan ng pagnginig ni Lord Desmont.

"No, Your Highness. You have every right to fall in love with anyone. However, marrying a human girl is insulting your family tradition as well as insulting the name of the Maquintosh. All Maquintosh heirs have chosen powerful vampires as their partners to produce a new generation of powerful Maquintosh rulers." Bumuga ng hangin ang lalaki bago nagpatuloy. "My people are starting to doubt Your Highness' leadership right after they have found out that their future queen is a human. It makes the kingdom vulnerable. Who knows what will happen next? Humans integrating into our society? Vampires mixing races with the lowest class of creatures?"

Nagsisimulang kumulog sa loob ng korte nang umigting ang panga ni Alex.

"Pardon me for interrupting," Lord Everdeen mused, "but Your Highness has already explained Victoria's prophecies. The human brought in by our prince will grant salvation to our kingdom. The late queen Roxanne spoke about the same prophecy before her passing. We should be already be assured that this is the first and the last time that the Maquintosh clan will welcome a human as a member of their bloodline."

Alex shot the lord a thankful look. Lord Everdeen merely dipped his head in return.

"I beg to disagree with you, Lord Everdeen. This will never be the last time a human has been added to the bloodline. We haven't a clue as to what becomes of the Maquintosh heir once the future queen gives birth. It could be a human rather than a vampire. Would you rather have a human king ruling over the kingdom as well?" Umingay ang buong korte gawa ng sinabi ni Lord Desmont. Ngumisi ang lalaki sa gawi ni Alex. "I thought so."

Mariin lang na pumikit sa Alex dahilan ng pagpigil niya ng inis. Ilang araw na silang nagtatalo kung nararapat bang gawing reyna si Louisa sa kaharian nila.

Meanwhile...

"Kung lumusong ka ba sa swimming pool ng buntis, considered ka bang human submarine?" Tanong ni Vina Arcanghel kay Louisa.