Chapter thirty six: His Lame History

A/n: I changed some parts ulit dine ahe. Enjoy the chap! Ooh, by the way. All flashbacks are narrated by Alex (to avoid confusion).

Louisa's POV

"Saan ako magsisimula?"

Nasa loob kami ng sasakyan niya ngayon. Ginising niya ako ng maaga kanina kasi sabi niya may pupuntahan daw kami pero hindi naman niya sinasabi kung saan.

"Saan nga ba muna kasi tayo pupunta?" Inis na tanong ko. Kinabit niya yung seatbelt ko at nagtanim ng halik sa akin pisngi ko. Totally uncalled for but he's forgiven hehe.

Ngumisi siya, "Ang pangit naman kung puro kwento lang. May date dapat in between para may thrill." Paliwanag niya't pinaharurot ang sasakyan.

"Sus. Gusto mo lang akong ma-solo e'." Apat na araw na naming kasama mga barkada niya. Sa gabi lang namin nasosolo yung privacy namin (kung hindi lang istorbo yung hinayupak na Carl).

"You bet." Umandar na ang sasakyan. "Saan mo ba ako gustong magsimula?" Sa loob ng 549 years niyang nabubuhay, mahaba-haba ang ikwe-kwento niya sa akin.

"Magsimula ka sa simula. Alangan naman sa huli jusko." Napaisip siya.

"Okay, sabi mo e'."

Flashback

The light blinded me the moment the gates opened. The doctors looked at me then smiled. I started to cry-

"Hoy!" Pinutol ko siya. "Bakit naman doon ka nagsimula?! Lokohan ba?" Reklamo ko sa kanya. Tawa lang siya ng tawa. Bwisit. Sinimulan ba naman sa parteng inire siya ng nanay niya. Amp.

"Ang gulo mo naman. Sabi mo sa simula."

"Magsimula ka na lang sa part na gumuho mundo mo ganon." Napaisip na naman siya.

"Okay, that makes more sense." Kung hindi lang ito nagmamaneho ngayon sasakalin ko ito.

Flashback

I already learned that life is unfair at the age of twelve.

I stood perfectly still next to my mother's death bed. She looks graceful on her bed despite the sickness that's wearing her down. I reached for her hand, then I slowly leaned my head on her delicate shoulder. I hummed a lullaby to calm her down, like she did when I was of young age.

Her eyes fluttered open. Her lips tugged into a beautiful smile when she saw my face.

"You look exactly like your father." She said in a low voice, her fingers caressed my cheek. The compliment stung, I don't like being compared to that bastard. Sharing a face with my devious father is already bad enough. Rubbing salt on the wound, that asshole had the audacity to cheat on my mother.

I still couldn't believe that he would fall for a Viper like Devigne. She's a snake! She will do everything to have the throne. She even managed to seat herself next to my father, acting as a Royal consultant. Everyone knows that she is seducing my father, controlling him and his decisions for our kingdom.

She is jealous of my mother. My mother isn't of royal blood, but my father fell in love with her regardless. Devigne went restless after their marriage, cooking up revenge schemes to steal the throne. My mother isn't as stupid as her, she caught her right away.

Coincidentally, a week after that my mother fell terminally ill. The doctors informed us that she has leukemia. My father tried to convince her that she should undergo chemotherapy, but my mother refused.