17. Morning Happenings

Kathryn’s POV

After the long walk home, I was completely knackered and Louis helped me along the way when I occasionally felt the pains again. For once, I had actually missed them, reminding me that nothing was still alright with me. Normal.

“Let’s go eat breakfast, who knows what Liam made,” He’s right, who knows what Niall suggested Liam cooks for today. I don’t know why, but I feel drawn closer to him now. Like there’s a connection made back there which made us grow closer to each other now. I like that. It was my idea to make Louis forget about that girl he fell for but never felt the same way.

On our way up, Louis has told a joke in the elevator and it made me crack up like an animal crazy in its cage. I couldn’t stop laughing, even after we now stood on Liam’s door. I swear I think all his neighbors could hear me right now and are already waking up. I try to stop myself though, but whenever I do, I remember Louis’ words like an echo which would make me throw myself back in those fits of laughter. Louis occasionally laughs along, our voices echoing in the empty hallway, but stops afterwards.

Louis opened the door and we entered where we saw the boys eating breakfast and I could see looks of curiosity in them, especially in Zayn’s eyes.

“Hey,” Lou’s chuckles we’re still quite evident.

“Where were you?” Zayn asked almost immediately and straightforward, not even bothering to reply with a hello.

“Long story, ooh breakfast!” I skipped the question and went directly to the table between Louis and Zayn. I realized I needed food.

“I made special breakfast for you, but Niall ate it though since you went outside.” The sudden change in my expression was unbelievable, and Zayn’s face was the same.

“I’m so sorry, I should’ve told you.” My face turned puppy-eyed, trying to convince him to accept my apology and slowly he was starting to give in. Zayn slightly nods, acknowledging my apology and inside, I cheer like a baby. Now for other matters.

“And you? Why did you eat what was mine?!” I hissed at the blond lad and he tensed. I wanted to laugh at the way he was scared of me. I never really knew I could scare anyone.

“Y-You heard Zayn! I thought you ate outside and the food looked delicious, you know.” He defended himself scared. I stared daggers at him and he tries not to hold it.

“Just kidding.” And with that, it was Niall’s turn to change his expression from scared to shocked.

“What?” He stared at me with eyes wide.  I shrugged my shoulders and give out a light laugh.

After breakfast, I decided to sit on the couch as Niall was first in the bathroom. I swear it was taking him forever in there. I was about to fall asleep again on the couch but as I was just about to flutter my eyes closed, Zayn slumps down beside me.

“Hey,” I shot up, completely awake now.

“Where were you?” I was worried sick you were somehow kidnapped by Austin,” His voice was evidently scared at the name of Austin and to be honest, I was scared too.

“I was fine, I was with Louis.” I smiled a toothy smile but it seemed Zayn couldn’t get to even smile a curve. This was serious shit.

“I’m serious Kath. Why didn’t you tell me?” His warm hands held mine and looked at me. Why would he worry too much. “Zayn,” I breathed out. “I’m fine, you don’t have to babysit me.” I said, annoyance hinted in my voice but I don’t try to show it so much.

“You know I love you.” I don’t know how to respond to that, I never do. I just thank him, though I think it’s unfair for his part because I’m not able to reply the same way. I don’t want to lead him on, tell him I love him back if I don’t feel it back yet. I know I will, time will tell.