28.

Kathryn’s POV

I wouldn’t have fallen for Louis if I really love Zayn. What now? Thinking about it as I get back to Liam’s flat is frustrating, with the wind passing in small gusts, I hold on to myself.

Maybe it’s all me, I haven’t met both boys in the longest time, so I barely know things about them than what I know now, things regarding their past, everything. Maybe it’s only their looks, but I know that’s not all. I genuinely love Zayn, but I love Louis at the same time. But then again, I always say that I love all five of them, but never the same as when I tell Louis and Zayn.

What the fucking hell is happening to me?

I love Zayn, and I am falling in love with Louis. Two genuinely perfect lads whom I know wouldn’t dare hurt me because they know my story. They will never be like Austin, even if they don’t say it, I know they won’t. They have a heart not to treat me how Austin did.

“Trust no one. Trust is difficult to give, once it’s broken, you’re getting half or more of the pain.” Ma’am Sheila tells me when it came to dealing with people around me. She tells me I am way too trusting on people, like Anne, or the people who went to get me on the contest with Harry, and the boys, mostly everyone. But nothing went wrong when I trusted them, except for Austin. He was the biggest mistake and I don’t want to let that happen again. So far, nothing is going wrong.

I ride the bike to the building and the wind is cold circulating around me. When I get there, I get off and carry the bike to the lobby and to the elevator. A short flash appeared in the corner of my eye and I immediately hide my face.

“She’s the girl from last night!” I immediately run to the elevator. I turn back and the population grows so as the amount of flashes. Can they leave me alone? I’m not even a celebrity! “Wait up! We have questions!”

I drop off my new bike in the center of the lobby because I am not able to run as fast as when I am carrying the bike, my feet are hurting again. When I get to the elevator I immediately press the close button without letting anyone in. My chest feels heavy still, constantly breathing in and out in an incredibly fast pace. I just now realized that the walk from the entrance to the lobby to the elevator was far.

A millisecond when the doors were about to close, I see a familiar pair of eyes immediately lock with mine just before the elevator door closes. A familiar grayish- blue that made you felt at home.

It was quiet when I landed on Liam’s flat’s floor. The quiet atmosphere felt so eerie, with the fuss in my mind as well as the commotion downstairs, I could now hear myself think.

I enter the apartment and I run to the couch to lay myself back. I took off my shoes with a shake of my feet and they were finally off. My head was buried in one of the throw pillows and I want to doze off without stripping down or getting comfortable because I am already laid on the couch.

I have to get my bike back. It’s Liam’s gift to me and it’s only first use and I am already an irresponsible item owner. And to think, this is my only mode of transportation.

I quickly get back up, taking my jacket off and putting it back on for privacy hiding purposes. If I’m going out there again, I have to be most-likely more prepared than before.

But how am I going to get the bike back with the whole lobby filled with people with cameras? I’m never safe out there. My face is already everywhere, exactly where I don’t want it to be. I know I am already close to letting Austin find me and I now have to be extra careful.

Just call the doorman and tell him it is your bike and have it sent here, you prat. My subconscious tells me and I quickly head for the telephone and do what my mind told me.