37. Flower Dilemma

Zayn’s POV

I’m pretty excited, we have an interview going on tomorrow and my plans of four days will commence there, on live television, and I will invite her there for the plan to fall perfectly, I’ve settled all variables so that they’re all precise, nothing will definitely go wrong. But I think the hardest decision I’m about to make is this.

“What do you have to worry about? That you’ll get her the wrong kind of flowers?” Louis literally laughs at my misery. I am so worked up about this, but what if she was allergic to Tulips? What if the flowers I’ll give her imply the wrong meaning? I’ve heard flowers have different meanings, just the color of roses change everything, I just thought it would be nice to have colorful roses.

“Yes, and by any chance, you don’t happen to know what kind of flowers she’s allergic to, do you?” He shrugs, cluelessly laughing while I’m in my miserable self. “I don’t think she has mentioned anything about allergy to me before,” Oh right, I brought Louis with me because other than the rest of the boys, Louis’ the closest to Kathryn, other than Harry because he didn’t want to come, and he insisted that Louis should, and I thank him for that. We’ve gotten pretty much gotten closer to each other and not the other way around and it’s magical how it’s possible. Some friendships are just too strong for any relationship to break.

One we drove up to the small flower boutique which was one of my old favorites as I had bought my most memorable flowers here, when I bought my sisters, my mum, and so many more. You could call this pretty special as I drove to Bradford for this, I must pick this right.

Not much happens in Bradford today, the way I see it every day for the past couple of years in my childhood before my big break started. So much has changed, you’ll wish to have a break and spend it in your home town, and I know I want that. Keeping your mind clam from the busy streets of the big cities, where you have to move faster than what you think is fast enough, it’ll never be too much.

“Is it always this quiet?” It’s almost deserted. Louis hasn’t been to Bradford, or maybe Doncaster is far more different from here, because I haven’t been there either. Most of the people who reside here are families and maybe this place is so close to a ghost town is because all the adults are at work and their children are at school.

“In some days,” I offhandedly say, getting into the flower shop and Louis following behind me.

“Zayn Malik, is that you?” One woman says and with seconds of my entrance I can already recognize that voice. She has helped me with flowers to give for past girls I’ve courted. “The one and only,” I reply with a smiling face, seeing her face that wrinkled made me realize how old she and I have gotten. I walk up to the counter to take a closer look at her and her shop, nothing much happened, still the same apron with the regular flower logo and the name “Amanda’s Flowers” printed. The Amanda in the logo isn’t Amanda, but her mother, they have the same name.

“Looks like you have a friend with you, hello darling.” If there’s one thing Amanda has to know, Louis loves old people as much as Harry and the rest of us. There’s this really special connection with Louis and old people that I don’t understand. Louis bends down to her height as she receives him with open arms, giving him a kiss on the cheek as Louis turns red in either sheer happiness or embarrassment, maybe the first one.

“So, what can I do for my most valuable and handsome customer?” She squeezes my cheeks together and I could actually hear Louis silently laugh in the background, well this is what elders do and I love elders.

“Flowers for a special girl.” Louis loudly whispers to her and she nods. I laugh. “And I can bet she isn’t just a special girl because you wouldn’t just come here from London I see,” I blush, and it was the truth. I’ll always want the best for the girl, and the best is in Amanda’s flower shop. “Yeah,” Louis cheers, clapping like a child who had just got a lollipop and right now, I honestly feel embarrassed, like manipulated by these two, I thought Amanda was on my side.