Serena's PoV

Something was wrong. Ash was acting strangely, and it was obvious he didn't want them to find out. Serena acted like see didn't notice, but she was a little curious on what else Ash could be hiding. Ash suddenly let out a gasp. He started breathing heavily and started gripping the sides of the bed he was in. "Ash, what's wrong?" "I-I can't breathe." Ash gasped. "Quick! Get Nurse Joy!" "Right." Bonnie and Clemont ran out of the room. "Ash, is it your back again?" "Y-yeah. And n-no. I- c-c-can't t-tell." He couldn't tell? How could he not be sure if he couldn't breathe because of his back? Nurse Joy suddenly came in, and a few minutes later, Ash was breathing normally, resting. "What was wrong with Ash, Nurse Joy?" Bonnie asked. "Ash's heart beat just started going too fast, that's all. He'll be fine. He should wake up in about a half an hour." Nurse Joy said. Wigglytuff suddenly came into the room and signaled for Nurse Joy to come out of the room. Nurse Joy said she'd keep an eye on Ash while they would go out to the dining area and eat some lunch. It was 2:17 in the afternoon, and Serena was getting hungry. She told Bonnie and Clemont that she'd meet them there. Bonnie, Clemont and Pikachu all left for the dining hall. Serena pulled a chair next to Ash's bed. He looked so peaceful. Serena grabbed his hand with a gentle grip so she didn't wake him. "I wish you'd tell me what's wrong, Ash." Serena whispered. Ash stirred for a second, but then went back to sleep. Serena smiled faintly. "Sleep well, Ash. And happy birthday." She then did something she'd never think she'd do. She got up, and kissed Ash's forehead gently. She blushed a little as she did this, and she left the room to catch up to Bonnie, Pikachu, and Clemont.