5:6 Family Reunion

Part Five: This Life

Chapter Six: Family Reunion

"Adrian!" Dad spun to me, a damgerous look in his eyes.

"Look, dad. I know you're all about giving them chances and the like. But from my point of view, they lost that right when they tried to harm my friends, and when they hurt Cauden."  I lowered my gun and wrapped an arm around Cauden, staring at my father.

He nodded, looking a little sad. "Of course you'd say that." I frownedb and he turned away. "Jenny, come over here please."

She did as he said, and Cauden went to stand behind me, with Kourtland and Ronnie on either side of him. Cali stood on my right, with Jenny on my left. We all got our weapons ready, and Jack handed Cauden a spare blaster before standing in the front with my dad. I noted briefly that I had somehow dressed just like my sister.

A few more Daleks came rolling in, and my dad positioned himself so that none of us could get a good shot. I scowled, and kept my gun lowered. "Listen to me, just for a moment, I'm giving you a chance!" dad started a spiel about if they leave we won't kill them and such. I held back my scoff and adjusted my grip on my gun.

The Daleks seemed to ponder what dad had said, then one word rang around the space between them and us: "EXTERMINATE!"

"No!" I screamed, and watched as Jack jumped in front of my dad. I aimed and shot at the Dalek, then at the others that rolled in behind it. Soon the only sounds were the screaming Daleks and our guns going off.

More Daleks rolled in, and my dad yelled at us, pushing us back. "Retreat! Get to the TARDIS!" he dragged Jack with him, and we all ran inside the box. As soon as the doors were shut, dad threw the swithes and sent us away.

I dropped my gun to the ground and went to Cauden, throwing my arms around him. 'Thank god you're okay!'

He held onto me just as tight, burying his nose in my neck. 'I'm okay.' I tangled my fingers in his hair and showed him all that had happened, me being human and Dean and everything. He stiffened a bit, and pulled back.

"Just look at his timeline. It's hard to explain." I bit my lip. Did he hate me now, even though nothing had happened between Ronnie and me?

He shook his head and pressed his forehead to mine. 'I could never hate you,' he cupped my cheeks in his hands. 'We'll figure it out.'

"If you're quite finished making eyes at each other, we have things to discuss." my dad's voice cut through our conversation.

I sighed and smiled at Cauden, snogging him for good measure before turning to the others. Jack and Jenny looked a bit shocked, and my friends all just smirked. My dad avoided my gaze. "Right. Are we going after them, then?"

The TARDIS shook, and we all scrambled to stay standing. "No need for that!" a familiar voice echoed through the comms, and dad threw the door open, letting in my mother. "Hello sweeties."

"Mum!" I grinned and ran to her, hugging her tightly. "Did you just blow up the Daleks?"

"Yes I did," she grinned at me, kissing my head. "Cauden, good to see you safe."

"Thank you, ma'am," he sounded all nervous and polite.

"How come my wife makes you nervous, but not me?" my dad whined.

"It's the face. And the bowtie." I snickered.

"Oi! Bowties are cool!"

There was a gasp, and we all looked to see Jack sit up. I felt momentarily guilty for forgetting about him, then it hit; he was dead. Then he wasn't. "What the fu-"

"Mummy!" a small body collided with my legs, and I blushed hard under my mother's stare.

I licked my lips and knelt down in front of him, taking his hands in mine like before. "Hey sweetheart. Were you good for Jesse and Alex?" he nodded, and I smiled. He yawned, and I shook his hands a bit. "You ready for bed, then?" he nodded again, and I stood and picked him up. I looked at my mother and smiled a little sheepishly. "My human self kind of adopted him."

She smiled and kissed my head again, ruffling Dean's hair. "I know. Tell me about it next time you see me."

I nodded and turned. "I'm gonna put him in my room. I'll sleep later." Cauden smiled and kissed me, and Jenny followed me into the corridor. "So. You're my sister?"

She smiled at me and nodded, looking at the floor. "Yea. I was born from a progenation machine. They stuck dad's hand in, and I walked out."

I nodded, a little shocked. "He never told me about you." she looked a bit sad, so I elaborated. "I mean, I think that loosing you hurt too much, so he burried the experience."

She smiled a bit. "I guess."

"He does it with everyone. I only know about his companions 'cause I snooped." I grinned sheepishly, stopping at my bedroom door. I opened it and gestured her to follow me. "Come on in, I'm just gonna lay him down and then grab a snack from the galley." I tucked the boy in my blankets and laid my hand on his chest, kissing his forehead.

"Mummy, where you goin'?" Dean grabbed my hand when I made to leave.

"I'm just going down the hall a bit. I'm not going far." I smiled and left, closing the door behind Jenny.

I hooked my arm in hers and we walked side-by-side to the galley, and she told me about her birthday and Donna Noble. About the Haths and the Source and how she had made the choice to not kill. "Until those Daleks, anyway. I wasn't going to kill thdm, but it was either them or me. Them or the rest of the universe."

"Yea, I know that. Dad does too, really. He's just upset that it had been us that killed them instead of him." I smiled, and the smile grew when I found everyone else in the galley as well, Cauden making his awesome omelettes.