Act IX: Jesse (F)

"So what if he really wants to? I mean, it just feels so crazy, so bizarre. Just the thought of it: me and him, united on Earth, forever and for eternity…" Jesse had these thoughts chugging around her brain, she could not stop thinking of it. If Lukas was to take it as far as marital unity, she grew scared. Despite being underage (18 is the legal marital age), she was already worried of it.

"What if I don't make a good parent? I wouldn't want my children to be failures! I just can't… I'm just not ready for this huge leap!" Jesse panicked about her hut, clutching her head and trying to calm herself down. Her heart stopped when she heard the door. It was Lukas, and he did seem rather calm despite having thoughts of them together attacking his mind. "Figured I'd find you in this state and erm, thought you needed someone to-" Lukas abruptly stopped when Jesse flung her arms around his neck and embraced him tightly, whispering "I knew someone cares more than enough to help me, thank you so much…"

They sat on thr couch, and Lukas began. "Look. Whatever you heard, no matter how frightening it may be to you (given your youth), it was all just a suggestion, okay? Jesse and I, we were just chatting about what if's and erm, yeah." Jesse flicked an eyebrow and etched towards him, which further discomforted him. "Ok… uh…" Lukas was unsettled by her stare, forcing him to blurt out the following:

"OK fine! I admit it, it was a bit more than a suggestion! It's just that… I thought it felt a bit… off. That the mere mention of it didn't seem right. Y'know I love you and all that dandy crap, but I must ask: Do you love me enough to want to bring this further? You and I of course…"

Jesse backed towards the edge of her sofa, but suddenly stumbled backward, landing on the ground with a thud. Lukas jumped, "Oh my gosh! You OK?" Jesse, with a trembling hand, formed a thumbs up gesture, and Lukas sighed. "Here, lemme help you up." Jesse sorted her hair out, then responded "You seriously had to ask? What made you think I wouldn't?" Lukas knew she wan't hostile, although he knew she wanted a response. "Uh… yes???" Jesse discomforted him too much, "I'm sorry, perhaps I should go…" No response.

"Erm, whatever. I'll go. See ya." Lukas flatly mumbled. No response. Although a rather reassuring stare. Lukas flushed inside. C'mon you're making a real-huge fad of yourself right now! In front of her! Lukas got up, awkwardly patted her on the shoulder, and with a reassuring grin, slowly inched towards the door before making a dash out the door. Jesse was confounded by his behaviour.

That was odd. I never knew Lukas to be that shy. Well, looks like Lukas isn't one to break down, even if someone close to him was staring with contempt. And yes I do, although I do feel kinda discomforted by the thought. And he does too. Another reason why I love that kid…