Spiderman PT 2

You took a deep breath, trying to calm your hammering heart. You chewed your lower lip. A bad anxious habit. You pushed open the door to the restaurant. After grabbing the notes from your bag you looked around. You were told that he'd come to find you.

"H-hey!" Peter cheered, obviously happy that you actually came. It was evident that he was nervous it showed in his voice. You knew he had a stutter but he could hardly get a sentence out. He fidgeted, his eyes bounced around the room but mainly they stayed on you, and he bounced up and down on the balls of his feet.

"Peter?"

"I, I, Uh," he chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. The two of you were close friends from pre-k to fifth grade. But then the two of you went to different schools and hadn't seen each other again in person. Occasionally the two of you would talk or your parents would have your family's over.

You've had a crush on him since you could remember. You'd never thought that'd you be here with him now. That was always a fantasy. "That's me." He smiled, it was genuine it truly was. It was just hard for him to calm down and focus enough.

You made small talk while waiting in the surprisingly short line. After ordering your burritos. (Cause hey, who doesn't like Mexican?) You chose seats. You chatted the evening away until you brought up him being Spiderman.

"Wait... wait. Okay. So, you're Spiderman?"

He leaned forward, lowering his voice. "No. He's a close friend."

"Lies." You giggled. Finding his sly smirk ridiculous.

"Well, Y/N I'd love to tell you more. I really would. But I can't. Unless you agree to a second date."