Chapter 7

McKenzie's P.O.V

"Kenzie! Im home." Drew calls from downstairs.

"What're you doin home?" I ask, finding an outfit to wear.

"Uh..I just..decided to come home." He says standing at the door with his arms crossed over his chest. "Where are you going?"

"Out..Why are you home so early?"

"They told me since we were runnin slow, I could come home early. So, I did." 

"But, it's a bar. They're never slow. They're always full."

"Thats what everyone wants you to think. Actually, theyre not so busy. I guess it just depends on the brand of beer they sale. But, uh, you never answered my question. Where are you goin?"

"I said, out. Thats all there is to it." I say, sitting on my bed, in nothing but my bra and underware. You'd think I'd feel awkward sitting almost barebutt in front of my brother, but once you've done it most of your life, you get used to it. 

"With?" 

"Someone.."

"Is this someone Niall?" He asks sitting beside me.

"Psh, no? What makes you think that?" I say scooting away from him.

"Because, I remember how you acted like this when you and Jake were together. You'd...act all strange..Just like now. You can just tell me."

"Fine..Yes, I am going out tonight with Niall. But just for tonight." 

"Just, dont let him hurt you. I dont wanna mess up pretty boy's face like I had to Jakes. I dont like it." He says, regret washing over his face. See, after him and Jake had gotten into a fight, Drew had been sent to jail. It turns out Drew's punches had left Jake with 3 broken ribs, a broken nose, and 1 black eye. Every day after that fight, Drew has regreted it. He promises he wont do it again. Drew and Jake had been bestfriends until I came into the picture. I never meant to mess with their friendship, but I did. All I wanted was to date Jake since 6th grade. As the years went by, Jake became more of a jerk to me until he realized I was Drew's little sister. He loosened up a bit and we dated for 2 years until summer break. Thats when it all went down. Jake had cheated on me with the captian of the cheer team; Madison Kay. I admit, she is gorgeous, but that didnt give him the right to cheat on me. Drew still wont admit that I ruined their friendship. After that, it all went downhill. Jake's the reason why I have stayed single throughout high school.

"I promise. And besides, I dont think Niall would do that. He's sweet." I say putting on clothes.

"Yeah, you said that about Jake."

"Drew, seriously. Why wont you admit the fact I ruined your friendship?"

"McKenzie, you didnt. did. Just..drop it." He says walking out. If he wasnt my brother, I wouldnt push him to his limits, but I know how to weaken him. 

"Andrew, no, you didnt. I know for a fact I did. I heard you guys talking about us, and you simply stated 'McKenzie ruined our friendship.' I heard that with my ears! " I say following him.

"You heard nothing! You weren't here. You were with your friends." He says turning around, forcing me to run into his chest.

"I was here. The whole time. I heard everything." I say backing up. "Just, get it out of your system. Tell me face-to-face. I want to hear it from you." I say backing up.

"Fine. You ruined our friendship, McKenzie. You done it." He says with so much anger, it brings me to tears.

"See. Wasn't that better?" I say running back to my room.

"Shit. Kenzie, Im sorry!" Drew says following after me.

"What?" I say sniffiling

"I'm sorry. I..I.."

"Its fine. I got what I wanted to hear, and you told me. You just..you needa make up with..J..ake." I say, my voice cracking at the name Jake.

"No. He hurt you. I can never be friends with him again."

"It's 7:30..I gotta go." I say avoiding the conversation. "Hi." I say to Niall, shocked, who has obviously heard everything. 

"Hi." He says awkwardly.

"You, heard all of that..didnt you?" I say scratching my neck.

"Uh, yeah..I did." Niall says looking down.

"Crap..Im sorry. How long have you been here?"

"Every since 6.."

"Wow..Im so sorry. Why didnt you say something?"

"Because, I felt like you needed it out of your system, so..I let you continue." 

"Can we just go?" I ask grabbing his arm.

"Of course." 

Great..You've messed this up, McKenzie..You mess everything up.