Chapter 19

Niall's P.O.V

Leaving MacKenzie was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Yeah, leaving my family is always hard, but, none of them are so depressed like Mac. I hope I return soon. I have never been so sad in my life. 

"Cheer up, Niall." Liam says sitting beside me, "She'll be there when we come back. I'm sure of it."

"Yeah, but, you don't know her like I do. All our talks, every since the beginning, I can't get them out of my head. There's just something about her. I can't leave her. Not so soon." I say sighing.

"Niall, you have to trust her. That she wont hurt herself. As long as you're in her life, she'll be fine."

"I do trust her, I do. I just don't want to leave her. Not when she's in time of need."

"You need to sleep it off, I'll see you when I wake, okay?" Liam says as he heads to bed.

"I guess you're right," I sigh laying down. I hope she is okay. I know she'll be okay.

       The next day I wake and I still can't shake the thought I left MacKenzie.

"How'd you sleep?" Liam asks when I walk to the bathroom.

"Awful. That didn't help me at all." I say sighing. 

"Im sorry. On the bright side, you get to call her anytime you want, right?"

"Not anytime. The time zones are different almost everywhere we go. Famous life is hard." I say walking back to my bed, checking my phone.

"True. But, look at it this way; If you never became famous, you never would've met MacKenzie. To be honest, Niall; I've never seen you this happy for a long time, and I mean a long time. You would still be in Ireland trying to become famous. And, Mac probably would've killed herself if you hadn't have met her already. Or she would be in the hospital fighting for her life. Just be glad you met her when you did," Liam says as he gets a bottle of water. 

"I guess so. I mean, I am happy I met her. She's amazing. I just.." I say, stressing out, " I dont know."

"You do know, you just dont know how to put it in words. I understand you, its perfectly normal. Especially when you're dating someone with...how do I put this? Problems! No, thats not right. Uhh, A very depressed woman. You have to be strong enough for the both of you. You have to take care of you and her. There's gonna be times when she needs you. There's gonna be times when she breaks down, even if you dont know it. She's always, always going to need you. You'll always be there for her. All that matters is that you'll be strong for her when she cant be strong for herself." Li says as the bus stops. 

"Finally!" Everyone says as we rush off the bus into the hotel. Its not easy, though. The paparazzi are up in our faces. Im still not used to it, and probably never will be.

        When I arrive in my room, my phone starts to ring. "I wonder who that is,' I say answering it. "Hello?"

"Niall, hey." MacKenzie's sweet voice says over the phone.

"Mac, hey." I say sitting down.

"I miss you, a lot. I know, its crazy," she laughs nervously.

"I miss you too. How did you like the show last night?"

"It was amazing, great actually. I enjoyed it. A lot more than I thought I would."

"Awh, really?" I ask smiling.

"Yeah, really. You really love what you do, don't you?"

"Very much. It makes me happy."

"I can tell. Your smile is the biggest when you're up on stage."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. And its gorgeous. You should use it more," Mac says, probably with a smile.

"I use it a lot, you're just never around to see it." I say playing with my fingers.

"That's because we live in different countries, and you're always in different states."

"I know. I'm not blaming it on you. I'm not blaming it on anyone. I'll be back to see you soon." I say changing the subject.

"Niall, you have concerts to do. I'll see you in another year, six months at the most. But, hey, I ain't complaining." She laughs. "I gotta get to bed, its 11 here. I just needed to hear your voice before I went to bed."

"Well, be expecting a call from me later," I laugh, "Goodnight, Kenz. I love you."

"I love you too." She hangs up. Its times like this when I wish I could bring her with me.

"Who was that?" Zayn asks sitting on the bed.

"Who do you think?" I ask sitting my phone on the table.

"That MacKenzie girl?" He asks biting into an apple.

"Yes. Where the hell did you get an apple?"

"The lady at the front desk brought them up to my room. She did yours too, but I took them."

"Maybe I wanted them."

"You can go to my room and get some. Just, not all of them. They're really good. You should try one." Zayn says throwing the core away and eating another.

"I would, if someone didn't take them all. And where did that one come from?"

"My secret compartment." He says getting up and walking towards the door, "I'm gonna go, Nialler. I'll be back, though."

"Bring me an apple when you do." I say before he opens the door.

"Hmmmm..Maybe, probably not." Zayn says as he leaves. How I ended up here with these four? I don't know. But, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world, especially now that MacKenzie is in my life. I love her more than she will ever know.