Chapter 32

MacKenzie's P.O.V

I wake up, and look at the clock. 1:00am. It just doesn't feel right. Its like it was when Niall first left. I walk down the steps and get a glass of water. Drinking it slowly, I start to cry. "Its just not the same." I wipe my tears and sit on the couch. A few minutes later, I hear Drew's footsteps come down.

"Mac? Why are you down here?"

"I can't sleep. I'm..doing it again.." I give a small smile. My mouth doesn't feel like smiling right now.

"Sis, I know its hard. You've done it once, you can do it again." Drew sits beside me and wraps his arms around me.

"I don't want to do it again..That's the problem. He takes a piece of me every time he leaves. I just.." I sob.

"That's the thing about dating someone on the other side of the world. Every time they leave, they take a huge piece of you with them. I know one thing, I could never do what you're doing. You're loving someone who's thousands of miles away. I can barely love someone who's minutes away." Drew says making me laugh.

"You always know how to make me laugh."

"Of course I do, I'm your brother. And I love to see you happy."

"Then, why do you fight with me?"

"Because, it's what siblings are supposed to do. They're supposed to fight. In the end, we still love each other."

"Yeah, I guess so. Do you think he'll ever come back?" I ask tearing up.

"Of course he will. He has something special here. He'll always return. I think you should head to bed. Come on," He stands and extends his arm.

"Alright," I take his hand and the next thing I know, I'm thrown over his shoulder. "Andrew! Put me down!" I punch his back continuously as we both laugh.

"Okay." He drops me on my bed. Not gonna lie, it hurt.

"You're a douche." I say throwing my pillow at him.

"And so are you. I love you." Drew kisses my head and leaves.

"I love you, too."

     I try to sleep, but with no use, I get out of bed, grab clothes, and shower. I check my phone and see two things; It's 6am and I have two messages. I haven't checked my phone since after Niall left. Even when he called me, I didn't check it. I slide open my messages and see one from Drew, and one from Niall. I open Niall's first. 'Goodmorning, beautiful. :) I know you're still in bed but I wanted to tell you I love you. :* ♥' I instantly reply back, 'Goodmorning love! I love you too! :* :) ♥♥' I then open Drew's message after its sent. The message is a picture of Niall and I kissing at the airport. I cry as I look at it. I hit save and put it as my lock screen.

When I reach the kitchen, I decide to get some cereal and watch some TV. Bad idea. It talks about Niall returning home, and the mystery girl he's been with all week. I switch channels, and land on SpongeBob. Minutes later, Drew appears in front of the television.

"Do you mind?" I ask finishing my cereal.

"Nope." Drew stretches in front of the TV, smiling.

"Please?" I say walking to the kitchen. When I return, I see Drew in my seat. "You turd head."

"I wanted this seat."

"And so do I." I sit on his lap.

"Get off!"

"Nope." I lay across his legs. "This was my seat."

"Now its mine!"

"No!" We argue for another thirty minutes until I have to return to work. "Fine! You can have it!" I grab my keys and head out the door.

"I love you!" Drew yells out the door way.

"I love you too!" I drive to work.

When I arrive, I see Kaci waiting for me at the door. "Mac! I've missed you! How was your break?"

"It was..good. Except for yesterday." I hug her.

"I know. But, hey! You got to spend time with him the whole week. I'm nice enough for that."

"Yeah, I know." I say smiling. "And I will make up for that. You didn't have to do that."

"But I did. I know how happy you are when you're with him, so, I let you off. He's special. I hope you know that." Kaci and Niall grew up together. CeeCee is originally from Ireland and she moved when she was eighteen. Surprisingly, she ended up here. She has very little Irish accent, though. They used to be best friends. When he auditioned for The X-Factor, they lost contact. I'm sure Niall didn't mean for that to happen, but, it did.

"Yeah, I know." I smile and hug her once more before we open. Kaci flips the sign to open, and soon we're busy. Oh how I've missed it here.

Niall is special, but, he's my kind of special.