Chapter 30

"I'd hate myself, too." Kenzie says with a small smile. "I don't want to be the person to take your virginity. I'm not the right person."

"Mac, even if it did happen; you'd be the right person. I'd be happy, actually. I'd only hate myself because I would've taken advantage of you, and that'd kill me." I say placing my hands gently on her thigh.

"But, I wouldn't be. I just don't think I'm worthy of taking anyone's, especially yours. Your wife is worthy of that, and I hope she knows it."

"Yeah, me too." I say wanting to change the subject.

"So, you go home in two days.." A tear falls slowly off her cheek. "Are you excited?" She wipes it away quickly.

"Yeah, I am. I get to see my family again." I smile. "But I'm gonna hate leaving you again. I've started liking you a bit more every day. Once I leave and come back in a long while, I'm gonna have to do it all over again."

"Niall, I know you don't mean that. I'm unlikable. Its more like me having to do it all over again. But, don't worry, we'll still have contact. Won't we?"

"Well, yeah, but..there's a four hour time difference between USA and Ireland. It's going to be a challenge."

"And I'll accept that challenge. I'll accept any challenge if it involves you." MacKenzie smiles and kisses my nose.

"But, this one will be the worst one of them all."

"Niall, don't worry about it. Lets spend these last forty-eight hours together as best as we can." She jumps up and reaches her hand out for me to take.

"Alright," I smile and take her hand. "What are we doing today?" I ask as we reach the kitchen.

"First, I'm fixing me some breakfast since someone wont." Mac says smacking Drew on the back of the head lightly.

"Ow! I told you, I don't fix anyone breakfast but me!" Drew exclaims rubbing the back of his head.

"Be sure to tell Amy that when you get married." She continues on with what she was doing before. "To you want any, Niall?"

"What is it?" I ask

"From the looks of it, pancakes. Like always." Drew says placing a dish in the sink

"I'd love one." I say as Mac and Drew feud.

"I've got this," MacKenzie says as Drew tries to move her over, "Andrew! Move!" She says when Drew picks her up and moves her.

"Watch and learn, sister." He takes the spatula and flattens the cake.

"Mooooooooove!!" She tries to push him, but fails and ends up falling. "Fine. You win. This just means you'll be fixing breakfast for me forever now." Kenz smirks and Drew drops the spatula.

"Here you go, sis."

"Thank you." She places the cakes on a plate and hands me syrup and a fork. "Here you go, love."

"Thank you." I smile and start eating. "These are good," I say with a mouth full

"Thank you." She starts eating, and soon we're both done.

"Now what?" I ask as we walk outside.

"Whatever you feel like. You're the one that's leaving, not me." I know her heart hurts as she thinks about it.

"Then why don't we do what we did when I came back?" I ask wrapping my arms around her.

"I'd like that." She smiles, and I instantly get happy.

    For the next hour we're walking around the town. This time, its a part of town where barely anyone lives. Its like a ghost town. "I actually like it here. It's nice." I say taking a deep breath

"It is, isn't it? I've lived here my whole life. I've always wanted to move, but I know that if I do, I'll want to come back as soon as I hit the road. This is my home. This is my place."

"I know the pain. It killed me when I left for the big city. But, I never stayed. I don't really have a home in the states. I just live in hotels. And the bus. I never thought about buying a place in the states. I don't think I'll return until I'm old and retired. Ireland is my home."

"I don't blame you. The states are nothing but crap. All we ever do is argue against the others. Its stupid, to me. Others might find joy out of it, but I don't. I think its retarded."

"Ireland and other countries do the same. Its not just the states. I promise."

"I know."

"I love you, Mac. Never forget that." I say, looking deeply into her eyes.

"I love you, too, Niall. Never forget that." She smiles, and we seal our deal with a kiss.

Six days down, One to go..