Chapter 15

McKenzie's P.O.V

When its just Niall and I, I feel like time is frozen. Like, we're the only two on earth. Just wait until Drew finds out. "Aye, love birds? Wanna join us?" Marc says, breaking us apart.

"For what?" I speak.

"Just to join us...Okay, its the last year at college, and next year we'll be going to university. So, we decided to bring back some childhood games. Ya know, cause its like we're graduating high-school again. We wanted to play Spin the Bottle, and Seven Minutes in Heaven."

"Uhm..Im in, if Niall's in." I say, looking at Niall, waiting for an answer.

"Sure." Niall says, unsure.

"You guys sure?" Marc asks us one last time.

"Yeah, we're sure." Niall says as we follow inside. This should be fun.

"Alright, there's an even amount of each gender. So, lets sit in a circle. Guys on one side. Girls on the other." Marc says as everyone scrambles to one side or the other. "Alright, now, who wants to go first?" Marc asks as he places a bottle in the middle.

"I will," his fiancé, Alice, responds spinning the bottle. And what a 'shocker,' the bottle lands on Marc. What was supposed to be 30 seconds to 1 minute turns out to be 3 minutes.

"Alright," Marc's cousin, Madison, says completely grossed out.

"Oh, shut it, Madi." Marc says, finally pulling apart and taking his spot once again. 30 more spins of the bottle have come and gone before it comes to me.

"The hell? I don't wanna kiss him!" I say, referring to Marc. "He's my bestfriend, and engaged." I say, pointing to Alice's left hand.

"Kenz, its just a 30 second kiss. It wont mean nothing, and it wont ruin our friendship, trust me." Marc says as we both stand up to meet in the middle.

"If it goes over 30 seconds, you're dead." I say, right before Marc kisses me, his hands staying firmly placed on the bend of my back. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12..13..14..15..16..17..18..19..20..21..22..23..24..25..26..27..28..29..30..31..32. Alright, two seconds over. Pulling back, I remove his hands from my back. "Remember what I said." I threaten as I walk back to my spot. As I spin the bottle, it slowly spins around, and around, and around, and...it stops..on Niall. Okay, I can handle him.

"You're gonna regret having that bottle land on me," Niall says, shyly.

"I highly doubt that." I say, planting my lips on his. Once again, the world is frozen. Time has stopped. Its just us two. If only it could always be like this. 30 seconds have come and gone, but both of us refuse to pull back until Marc clears his throat. "Oops, sorry." I say, trying not to smart off. The rest of the game turns into more than just a simple 30 second kiss, it gets intense. That's when Niall and I decide its time to call it quits, and head back to the house.

"I had a great time, tonight." Niall says, pulling beside my house

"Really?" I ask, unbuckling.

"Yes, really. I normally had a show tonight, but it got canceled, and I'm glad in a way. Because if it hadn't of been canceled, I wouldn't be here with you."

"I'd rather you be at your show than to be with me, because a job is more important than a boyfriend or girlfriend. I mean, yeah; both are nice, but you can live without a boyfriend or girlfriend." I say, shrugging.

"True."

"Do you want to come in?" I ask opening my door.

"Uhm, yeah. Sure." Says Niall getting out of the car as I do. "So, McKenzie..where do we stand?"

"I don't know, I was hoping you knew." I say as I open the door.

"I could take a guess."

"Take a guess." I say closing the door when Niall enters.

"Together. That's where we stand, or where we should stand. I know, you're not ready for a relationship. So, I just thought that-"

"Niall, that was before." I say, snaking my arms around his neck.

"So, you're ready?"

"Way past it." I say as I lean in.

"D'aww!! My little sister has a boyfriend!" Drew says, popping out of nowhere.

"Where did you come from?" I ask, startled.

"The kitchen, making tea. I heard you guys come in and decided to keep quite. And now I'm glad I did." Andrew says, sipping his tea and hugging us. "You guys are so cute."

"Thanks." Niall says, awkwardly chuckling.

"Sorry about Drew, he makes everything awkward." I say as I realize the makeup is coming off my wrists. "Excuse me." I say escaping them and running to my room, changing. Throwing on Drew's pajama pants, and my high-school hoodie.

"That was fast. Why'd you change?" Drew asks as I take my hair and put it in a loose bun.

"I got cold." I say taking my place by Niall again. "You can sit down, you do know that, right?"

"Yeah, I know. Drew and I were just talking." Niall says making his way to the couch. "Why don't you make us some coco? I love yours." He suggests.

"Yeah. Be right back." I say, gracefully walking into the kitchen making coco for the three of us, again.

"But, I just made tea.." Drew says in a childish way.

"McKenzie's coco is better. Admit it."

"Alright. It is. But I taught her how to make it." Andrew says, taking credit for my knowledge.

"Well, its done." I return with three mugs full of coco. "And hot." I add.

"But yummy." Niall says sipping his. The rest of the night was spent by us three talking about our past, future, and present. But I'm careful about what I say, and I make sure Niall is, too. Knowing my brother and my boyfriend get along is a relief. After all, Drew is the one who said for me to date Niall. I sometimes think Drew knows what my future is going to be like, and I fear for it. I fear he'll find out about my past, as well. I don't think I'll ever be able to come out and tell Drew about my cutting. Sure, it was easy with Niall. But, Drew's my older brother..it'll kill him, I can't let that happen. I love him too much to hurt him..