Chapter 38

"Niall, you're so sweet." She smiles at me when she lifts her head. "Jake never said anything like that to me. He preferred me with makeup on."

"That's because he only wanted sex. All this sex talk is making me nervous." Talking about sex is still so awkward to me. I don't care how old I am. I guess my wife will be the one to give our kids the talk.

"Yeah, lets talk about something else." MacKenzie searches her brain to find something to talk about. When she finds a subject, her face lights up. "How long do you think we'll last?"

"Well, forever, I hope." I have honestly gave no thought to it. I mean, Zayn didn't and now him and Perrie are engaged to be married!

"Niall, you haven't gave any thought to it, have you?" Her face drops

"No, honestly, I haven't. I seriously thought forever."

"Everyone says forever. I mean, I like to believe forever. But..there's just this little doubt in the back of my mind and.."

"Mac, no. Never doubt our relationship. It's as good as it was when it started. I love you, princess." I kiss her lips and we go back to the family area.

Greg and Denise have to leave for work, and of course, MacKenzie has the baby.

"I've got the baby! Oh my gosh! Niall, I've actually got the baby!" She starts freaking out and walking to the couch.

"She'll be a good mum someday." Drew says behind me.

"You think so?" I ask smiling at Mac playing with Theo.

"I know so. When Amy brings my daughter over, Mac always has her. She's baby crazy. You'll be lucky to marry her and let her mother your children."

"You accept that? You accept me someday marrying your sister?" I ask still watching them

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes. I do. You're good to my sister, and that's all I could ask for. She's special to me. I've raised her, and I'm not sure if I want to face the fact she's old enough to survive on her own yet or not."

"She is beautiful." I smile at the conversation Drew and I are currently having.

"Yes, indeed, she is." He pats me on the back and starts talking to my parents. I decide to join Theo and Mac on the couch.

"May I?" I ask.

"You may," she hands Theo over to me and his smile grows ten times bigger.

MacKenzie watches as Theodore and I have our family time.

"You're really good with kids." She smiles and kisses my cheek.

"I don't think so. He's just my nephew, I have to be good to him."

"Don't lie, Niall. You know you are."

"I guess so. I want a few of my own, someday." I smile and set Theo on my knee.

"Yeah, so do I."

MacKenzie and Drew leave Friday night, and its going to kill us all. But this time, mum and dad will be there. Parents always make things better.

"Come on, Theo. Time for night night." Mum takes Theo and puts him in the crib in their room.

"So, what do your parents think of my brother and I?" Kenzie asks with a small smile.

"Mum loves you both. Dad hasn't said anything. Greg and Denise, they love you, as well. You had nothing to worry about." I kiss her forehead.

"Its not over yet. Your dad hasn't said anything."

"He will tonight when he's in bed. I promise, you have nothing to worry about.

After dinner, Mac and I decide to nap on the second long more comfortable couch. Having her in my arms feels so right. Not a feeling I once had before we met.

Sometimes I think she's my miracle..