Chapter 25

MacKenzie's P.O.V

I couldn't lie to Niall about me cutting again. I had to tell the truth. Truth hurts. I know it had to hurt like hell for him, after all..I did promise and I broke it. It was just a few cuts, it shouldn't mean anything. Right?..

"Let me see your arms," Niall demands whenever Drew leaves for work.

"I-I don't think so." I say keeping my arms closer to me. I don't want him to hate me once he sees how disgusting they really are. I haven't been putting makeup over them, and they're worse without it, just like I am.

"Mac, please? One look, that's all I'm asking." Giving in, I let Niall observe my arms once again. I hold my tears back the best I can. One falls, then another, and another..

"I'm so sorry," I say full on crying. "I'm so sorry. Niall, please forgive me." I beg as I slowly take my arms and wrap them around his neck.

"I forgive you. I do." Niall holds me and rubs my back to calm me down. He lets me soak his shirt with my tears. I sniffle and look at him for a second. "You're still beautiful." He smiles at me, I can't help myself from smiling too.

"How can you say that? I'm crying, my makeup is a mess, and my arms are all cut up. How can you say something like that?" A tear falls from my eye onto his arm.

"Because. I don't care what you look like. You're absolutely beautiful. Your makeup could be perfect, and I'd still think you're beautiful. You're arms could have no cuts or scars on them. Your appearance isn't the only thing that makes me say your beautiful. Your personality is. Mac, you're beautiful inside and out. I wish you could see what I see." Niall says pushing my hair back behind my ear. "You'd agree with me." He softly kisses my cheek and wipes my eyes.

"I don't think so. If you said that five years ago, I would've agreed with you." I say wiping my eyes with my sleeve. "But, I'm afraid you're five years too late."

"No, I'm not." We sit in silence for a few minutes when Drew comes inside from nowhere.

"What's wrong, MacKenzie? Did he hurt you?" Drew says closing the door behind him walking over to us.

"No, he didn't. I just felt like crying. What are you doing home?" I ask standing up.

"I forgot my wallet, I need it to drive. Ya know, cause my license are in it."

"Yeah. You better go get it." I say as he heads to his room. "How could he forget his wallet?" I sit back beside Niall once again. He looks terrified.

"I don't know."

"Niall, don't be scared. He wont hurt you."

"I'm gone. Bye, guys." Drew says leaving.

"I hope not."

"I promise." I say, "And this time I'm gonna keep that promise." I laugh as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I know." Niall says resting his head on mine.

I sit staring in space for a few minutes when I ask, "If I ever hurt you, would you tell me?"

"Of course. I would let you know."

"How soon?"

"After a few days of mourning." He laughs.

"I'm being serious." I say raising up.

"Seriously, probably after a week. I like to keep things to myself. Its better that way."

"I agree." I say sighing. The rest of the day is just us two talking. Its been the best day I've had with Niall so far. I can't believe this week is soon to be over.

I have found my miracle, and I'm not letting him go.