Chapter 20

The day goes on, slowly. And soon, its time for the show. Lights. I fix my clothes. Screams. Make sure my mic is correctly placed. Music. "It's time."

"New York, are you ready?!" Liam says into the mic. Screams fill the arena. I can't help but wish MacKenzie was here. The music starts, and the crowd goes wild.

"Straight off the plane to a new hotel. Just touched down, you can never tell," Harry sings making everyone scream more, "Big house party with a crowded kitchen. People talk shit but we don't listen." Harry laughs as the crowd gasps.

"Tell me that I'm wrong, but I do what I please. Way too many people in the Addison Lane. Now I'm at the age where I know what I need, ooh. Woah." Louis sings.

"Midnight Memories! Ooh woah." The whole concert was amazing, just like all the others. But, I'd have to say the concert in Kentucky was the best. Not just because Mac. But because I think its a great state.

        "What a night, huh?" Louis says sitting across from me.

"Yeah, for real. I'm so tired. I think I'm gonna go to sleep. Night, Lou." I say walking to my room. Before I lay down, I call Mac.

"Hello?" Her sweet soft voice answers

"Hey, Kenzie." I smile.

"Hey, Niall. How was your concert?"

"It was good. Very good, actually."

"That's great. So, I got my job back." Mac says happily.

"Really? That's great!"

"I know! I went this morning, and CeeCee gave me the job. It was only her, so I thought I'd reapply."

"That's very sweet of you." I say laying down.

"I try to be."

"You don't even have to try to be. I've gotta go to bed. I love you, Mac."

"Goodnight. I love you too, Nialler." Just like that, we hang up. I could spend forever listening to her talk. But, unfortunately I can't. One day, I'll be able to. And that day can't come soon enough.

MacKenzie's P.O.V

Talking to Niall made my day much better. I've been feeling down a lot recently, and when he had called, it made my night so much better.

"Was that Niall?" Drew asks standing in the door way.

"Wha? Drew! Haven't I told you about that before?" I ask turning around towards him.

"Maybe," He says walking in and sitting beside me. "I don't see how you do it, sis."

"Do what?" I ask laying my head on his shoulder.

"Long distance relationship. He's traveling the world daily, and you're stuck here. I don't see how you can do it."

"Its only been a week, Drew. Somehow, we make it work." I say smiling.

"And I'm glad. You guys are perfect together. You make each other happy. I just wouldn't be able to do it if I were in your position." Drew confesses, smiling. "You're a lot stronger than I am, though." Not really. I'd love to be as strong as you.

"You're stronger. You were worried sick when you got Amy pregnant. You spent nine months freaking out. But, you pulled through it. Now, you're a great dad to Addison." I say lifting my head, smiling. "And I hope I can be as strong as you someday."

"Oh, Mac. You'll be even stronger. You already are." Drew says getting up. "And I'm proud of you," he kisses my forehead and leaves.

"Thanks.." I faintly whisper as he closes the door.

If only he knew..