Chapter 10

Niall's P.O.V

When I had hugged McKenzie, I felt a tingle down inside me. Brushing it off, I say "Goodbye, McKenzie," and walk off. Did she feel it too, or am I overreacting? The whole way to the hotel was silent. Just me lost in my thoughts before my phone rings. Liam. "Hello?"

"Where are you, man?" Liam asks, tiredly.

"On my way back. Im sorry. McKenzie and I had a really important conversation, and she invited me for hot coco with her and her brother." I say turning the wheel.

"Well, its past 8:30. You better be on your way. And its cold outside." Liam says, protectingly.

"Im almost there. Just two more left turns." I say turning right. "See ya in about 5 minutes."

"Alright. Bye, Niall."

"Bye, Liam." I say hanging up. Should I tell McKenzie what I felt tonight, or should I brush it off and forget about it? Im gonna tell her. Its highly impossible for me to forget it.

The next day, I decide to get up and walk to McKenzie's place.

"Hey."

"Hey, Kenzie." I say rubbing my eyes.

"You look rough. Not enough sleep?" She asks unlocking her mailbox.

"Something like that." I say chuckling.

"Well, how about you come in? Drew went to work. It's just me."

"Yeah, sure." I say following her inside.

"What brings you here so early?" McKenzie asks sitting the mail on the table, taking off her shoes.

"Well, I just wanted to talk."

"About?"

"Did you feel anything in our hug, lastnight?"

"Like, what do you mean?" She asks sitting across from me.

"Like, a tingle or something."

"A little bit. But I brushed it off."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. Why?"

"I did, and I was wanting to know if you did." I say sitting back.

"Well, yeah. I did. But I'm not ready for a relationship, Niall."

"No, I know. Im not either."

"Good. I mean, good that you understand. Not good that you're not either..Okay, anyways; What's up?"

"Oh, nothing. Waiting for my phone to ring because no one knows I escaped. They'll probably think a fan stole me."

"That's likely to happen here. Trust me; I've done it before." She says laughing.

"Really now?" I ask playing along.

"Yeah. He's actually sitting right in front of me."

"Wow. I wanna meet him."

"Go look in the mirror."

"Okay." I say walking to the bathroom looking in the mirror. "Wow. He's handsome." I say.

"I know, right?" McKenzie says standing right beside me.

"And her," I say pointing to her reflection, "she's gorgeous."

"You think so?" She asks looking at herself in the mirror. Long hair in a mess. Sweatpants. Baggy longsleeve shirt. No makeup. She's simply gorgeous.

"No. I know so. She's gorgeous." I say admiring her.

"She thanks you. And she wishes she could feel the same way about herself."

"She will one day." After what seems like forever of just standing there, I say, "McKenzie, you really are gorgeous."

"Thank you." She says leaving the bathroom.

"You're welcome." I say following her.

"Do you want some coffee, or anything?" She asks getting two coffee cups from the cabinet.

"Please?" I ask sitting at the table.

"Course." Says McKenzie getting everything fixed.

"Need help?"

"No, I got it." She says turning the coffee on and sitting across from me. "Drew says he likes you. That you're a nice guy."

"Really? I thought he hated me." I say sighing of relief.

"You'll know when Drew hates you. He'll make you know." McKenzie says laughing. "Andrew's the type that if he hates you, he'll let you know. If he likes you, he'll make you think that he hates you." She says checking the coffee, pouring two cups for me and her.

"I just thought he hated me." I say taking the cup, getting a sip.

"No. Trust me, he likes you." She says doing the same.

"Its 6am. Do you have school?"

"At 10. No job. So, I'm just here on my own until Drew's home."

"Ehem. You've got me!" I say pretending to be a girl.

"Well, when are you leaving again?"

"Uhm, in a few days, I suppose." I say sitting my cup down.

"Really?"

"Yeah. But I don't wanna leave."

"Darn. I don't want you to go. You're the first friend I have made since the breakup between Jake and I. Everyone left me. I can't risk losing you." Kenzie says taking another drink.

"But, it wont be forever. McKenzie, we'll always be friends. You can always contact me. Anytime. Anywhere. Any day. I may not be here in person, but I'm here in your heart. We'll always be together, forever always." I say grabbing her hand. "Always."

"I know. And I'm thankful for that, and for you." McKenzie says looking at me.

"Good. McKenzie, I think you're a blessing to have in life."

"Why's that?"

"I haven't figured that out yet, but I wont give up until I do." I say finishing my coffee.

"And I hope it's good."

"Kenz, it is. Oh, by the way, thanks for the coffee." I say putting it in the sink.

"Oh yeah. You're welcome." She says getting up. "Thank you, Niall, for coming. I don't feel so alone anymore."

"You're never alone, Kenz. Never." I say hugging her tightly.