Chapter 28

So, its July the fourth. Drew, Niall and I got invited to an Independence Day Party. Drew and I always go. Niall doesn't want to.

"I'm not going to make you go if you don't want to," I say as I come down the steps in a whole new outfit.

"I just..I feel like I shouldn't."

"You don't have to, you can stay if you want." I say grabbing shoes.

"But..I don't want to be alone." Niall says as I sit beside him and slide my shoes on.

"I'll stay with you. Its my aunt and uncles. I wanted you to meet them, but that can wait for another day. Drew can explain to them why I'm not there." I stand up and put my phone in my pocket

"Let's go." He stands and walks towards the door.

"No. We're staying if you want to." I say playing with my loose curls

"Nope. Come." Niall says as he walks to the car. I follow behind and lock the door.

"You're going? I was just about to leave." Drew says as we sit in his car.

"Now you can leave." I say closing the door.

"What if they don't like me?" Niall fears.

"They'll love you. I promise." I say trying to ease his fears.

   Drew gets lost a few times, but by 9, we're at my aunt and uncle's house. "Finally!" We all say as we get out.

"Oh! Its my favorite niece!" My aunt, Lacey, calls running towards me. To be forty, she's in great shape.

"I'm your only niece, we go through this every holiday," I say laughing as she hugs me.

"And who's this?" Lacey says pulling back.

"This, is Niall. My boyfriend. Niall, this is my aunt Lacey." I introduce them to each other.

"Nice to meet you." They both say. Lacey goes over to Drew, and I show Niall the rest of the family and house.

"So, how do you celebrate Independence Day in Great Britain?" I ask as we lock hands.

"Well..it depends on who I'm celebrating with. If its my family, we do the usual; set off fireworks, and drink a little beer. If its with my friends our the boys, we drink.."

"So, really, its not that different than America." I say. "My family drinks a lot of beer. Sometimes wine. I don't drink." I shake my head.

"What? You don't drink?" Niall says shocked.

"Shocker, I know. I've never had a taste of alcohol in my life."

"Miss Innocent. Tell me; Have you had sex before?"

"No..I'm still a virgin, and plan to stay one until I'm married." I say as Niall grabs a can of beer.

"Really?" He says opening it.

"Yeah. Shocker again."

"No. I feel the same. I am going to wait until marriage too. But, I only said that because its hard to find a pure woman. I thought you and Ja-"

"No! Never!" I cut him off. "Look, we're getting started!" I smile and grab his hand as we walk to the rest of the family. The fireworks go off, and everyone smiles. They're beautiful.

"I think Mac and Niall should kiss as one is going off." Lacey says.

"Lacey, that's on New Years. It's July 4th. There's a difference." I say.

"Yeah, but, he may not be back until next year." Lacey says pointing the truth out.

"Alright, fine." I say as she cheers. "But, on the last one."

"Fine."

   The fireworks last for another two hours. "This is the last one."

"Alright." I say, sitting Niall's third beer down. As the last one explodes, I gently place my lips on Niall's. The taste of alcohol fills my mouth, with a taste of love. In between the love and alcohol, I'm not sure about this. But, once its started I can't stop. We part lips and a smile spreads across his face. "What?"

"That was nice. Do they have anymore fireworks?" Niall says placing his hands on my waist.

"You're too cute." I kiss him again.

  We stay for another thirty minutes and I decide its time to head home. I'm driving since I'm the only sober one. Drew is wasted and Niall is drunk.

"You be careful." Lacey says as she hugs all of us.

"Trust me, I will be." I say as I walk out with the other two. I make sure they're in and safely sat. Then, I get in the drivers seat and start to drive. All in all, its been a good day.

____

To my fellow American Readers; Happy Fourth of July! :) Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend. :) I love you guys! All of you! God Bless! ♥♥♥