Chapter 42

Drew and I are packing for our flight back home in a few short hours. The whole time, I've been complaining. I promised his parents this wouldn't be the last time they'd see me, or Drew.

Niall's dad finally spoke his opinion on me. He likes me, and thinks I'm a sweet young lady, but thinks this relationship is moving too fast. How? I don't know. We've only hugged, kissed, and shared a bed. Oh well.

Niall's family drives Drew and I to the airport. The plane takes off in five minutes. That leaves four for me to kiss Niall one last time before I see him again.

"I can't believe its happening again," Niall tries to laugh as a tear falls from his eye.

"Except this time, I'm leaving." I wipe the tears away from his eye and kiss him. "I love you, Niall." I say pulling apart.

"I love you, too, MacKenzie. Don't forget to call when you get home, unlike I did."

"I promise, the first thing I'll do after napping is calling you." I smile and we kiss again. Once again, I don't want to pull apart. It's hard leaving, not only him, but his family behind. They feel like the family I've never had. I don't like the fact I can only kiss Niall in magazines, and my dreams. Its just not the same.

"Flight 101 to America leaves in sixty seconds. Please, board the plane at this time."

I slowly pull our lips apart and walk to the plane with Drew. He's the only thing I have now.

I take the window seat, and see Niall smiling through tears. I smile and mimic 'I love you.' to him.

The plane goes up, up, and away. I let the tears fall more as I rest my head on Drew's shoulder.

"It'll be okay, sis." Drew comforts me and rests his head on mine. I feel a few wet spots in my hair. That's when I know my big tough brother who never cries is crying.

I smile and kiss his cheek. "It's okay. We'll see them again."

"I know. I just hurt because you're hurting." Drew smiles a tad down at me.

"No, bubby, I'm okay. I've got to be strong, remember?" I kiss his cheek once again and lean on the window. The view below us is absolutely beautiful, and it puts a small smile on my face. I close my eyes, and sleep until we arrive at the next airport in America.

The next airport is in Texas, figures. We still have another four hours until we're home. This time, I let Drew have the window seat and I rest my head on his shoulder while he leans on the window.

"Welcome home, Mac." The next time I look at my brother, he's fast asleep. Peacefully.

____

We finally get to Kentucky and we grab a taxi to our place. Its a lot better than walking.

"We're here," I pay the driver and Drew and I step out of the cab. "Home sweet home." I smile and quickly unlock the door.

Home Sweet Home..

   *One Year Later*

Niall and I have been together for two years, and he's been gone for a year. Its hard, yes, but we somehow make it work. I've fallen back into my old habits, once again? Surprising? Not really.

I've cut more recently because Drew is never home, and I feel alone. I cut because this lonely feeling inside me hasn't disappeared since the day Niall and I departed again.

I walk down the steps to open the door to see who was knocking. I can't believe who I see. And of course the first thing he notices are my wrists, like before.

"MacKenzie!" Between hugs and kisses, Niall continues to look at my wrists.

"Niall! Oh my God!" I hug him tighter and cry in his chest.

"I've missed you so much!" He kisses me, and hugs me for a while. Then, he gets serious. "What have I told you about this, MacKenzie?" He lifts up my arms to reveal my cuts.

"Niall, you wouldn't understand.." I refuse to explain it to him.

"Every time we argue, its over your writs. Mac, you need to stop. I don't want depression to take you away from me."

"It won't. Just, drop it." I say closing the door behind him.

"I can't just drop it, MacKenzie. Its serious."

"No, its not. Drew hasn't seemed to care, why should you?"

"Because, I'm your boyfriend. I care!"

"I'm fine, Niall."

"Stop, just, stop." Niall pulls me in for another hug, but I push him away. "Seriously? Okay then. I'll be...it doesn't matter." He walks out the door angry, and I know I've made a mistake.

I run after him, but he's out of sight. I walk back home to find him sitting on the porch swing.

"I'm sorry." I say opening the door after hugging him. He walks in and falls asleep on the couch.

And to me, it seems this visit isn't going to go by smoothly.