Chapter 21

"Drew, wait.." I say following him downstairs. The secret is eating me alive.

"Yeah?" He says turning towards me.

I sigh and mess with my hair a bit, "I can't believe I'm actually doing this.." I say slowly lifting up my right sleeve. My heart is pounding so hard, I think its gonna beat it's way out of my shirt. "Does this look strong to you?"

"Ma-MacKenzie..How, how long?" Drew asks tearing up.

"About two years now." I say embarrassed.

"Two years? Kenzie, why didn't you tell me?" He says taking a closer look.

"Because I thought I'd be able to stop, and they'd go away. I haven't since I met Niall. And those nights you heard screaming..that was me. I couldn't tell you. I knew how heart broken you'd be. But, I finally got enough courage to tell you. Now, I feel so relieved." I say wiping a tear from his eye, "You don't have to cry. I'm just fine now." I smile to let him know I'm better.

"You say that now, but, later you'll be saying something different. Mac, why would you do something like this? I thought you were happy."

"When Jake and I broke up, I thought it was the end. I couldn't stop for the longest time. The last time I cut was when you ran away and left me for three months for Georgia. That was the last." I say.

"You're my little sister, you're supposed to tell me things like this," Andrew says pulling me in for a long tight hug. "I still think you're strong, though. Scars or no scars, I'll always think your strong."

"Really?" I ask tearing up, pulling away.

"Yes, really. And I'll always love you." He says kissing my head. "Does Niall know?"

"Yeah, unfortunately. He found out, actually. Aha..I forgot about them and he seen them. We talked for the longest time ever about them. He helped me." I smile.

"Don't ever let him go. You'll regret it if you do." Drew says smiling as well.

"I don't plan on it." I say hugging him. "I've never told you, but, I'm glad you're my brother. You've helped me grow. I wouldn't ask for another brother."

"And I'm glad you're my little sister. I wouldn't ask for another sister, either. You've made me a better me. Yes, because of you, I've stopped having sex with every girl I see." He says laughing.

"Good. I wouldn't want aids to eat my brother up." I say as my phone rings. "Excuse me, Hello?"

"Mac, thank goodness you're okay." Niall says, sounding like he's panicking.

"Niall, what's wrong?" I ask worried.

"I just had a dream you committed suicide. It scared the shit out of me." He says sighing.

"I'd never leave you like that. I'm perfectly fine." I say smiling. "Oh, I finally told Drew."

"Really? I'm proud of you, love! That must've been hard." Niall says tiredly.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go, you've gotta sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you too." He says as we both hang up. "Niall dreamed I killed myself," I tell Drew as I stuff my phone in my pocket.

"He's worried."

"I know. But, I'd never leave him like that. I'm not that selfish." I exclaim.

"Maybe not. But, it was just a dream. He talked to you, I'm sure he's better now. I'm gonna take a nap. Night, sis." Andrew says leaving me by myself downstairs.

"Night," I call out.

I'd never leave Niall like that, never.