Chapter 51

I wake up, and just lay in bed staring at the ceiling. I feel empty and lost without MacKenzie. Is this normal? Am I supposed to feel like this?

My thoughts get interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Niall! Wake your lazy ass up! Theo wants to see you." Greg yells from the other side of the door.

"Who invited you inside?" I groan as I drag myself out of bed, to my door.

"You do know, this was once my house too, right? I mean, why do you stay here when your flat is just five blocks away?" Greg asks as I open the door.

"Because, I always stay here when I come back. Next time, I think I'll stay at yours and Denise's."

"The hell you will." Greg laughs before talking again. "Theo really wants to see you, though. That's all I've heard for the past three days. 'Ni-Ni. Ni-Ni.'"

"I guess he loves his uncle Niall more than his daddy Greg." I laugh as Greg scoffs and walks to the family room.

I close the door again, and talk to myself.

"I guess I should get dressed. What am I going to wear? I don't have anyone to impress now. Should I just wear my pajamas? Or, should I wear sweats? Ooh! I know. I'll wear sweats and go shirtless. Sound good? Sounds good!" I grab some sweats and carelessly put them on. I remain shirtless, and comb my hair.  I let it fall normally, Lou would be disappointed if she was here. She hates my hair normally, and begs me to cut it. Its turning brown again, I don't want to bleach it. But, with Lou being the hairdresser, it'll be bleached again.

I walk down to the family room, and steal Theo from Greg.

"Hi, baby!" I smile, and he gives me his cute baby smile. Everyone says he's the mini version of me. I don't see it.

"Niall, have you talked to MacKenzie today?" Mum says from the kitchen.

"Uhm, nope.  I just woke up, and took approximately fifteen minutes to find something to wear." I take my phone out of my sweatpant pocket, and start texting MacKenzie. (With a little help from Theo.)

"Oh, well..I talked to her early this morning. She misses you very dearly. She said she hopes to visit soon, but she's not sure if Drew can come. Does he have a family?"

"Sorta. He has a two, almost three, year old daughter and her mum. Amy is her name. Drew and Amy haven't really settled down yet, I'm not sure they ever will." I take Theo and we join mum in the kitchen. We, of course, sit at the kitchen table.

"He seems like a nice guy."

"He is. Mum, what do you really think of MacKenzie?" I continue to text Mac while talking with mum. Mum finds it rude and disrespectful, I'm sure she'll be yelling at me once she finds out.

"Well, I do like her. She's lovely. I already feel like she's family. Her, Greg, and Denise seem to have like each other. Denise is always looking for new friends. I just think you should bring her around more. Let her get used to the family. Let her experience the real side of us." Mum chuckles a bit. "Oh, dear. She may never come back after that."

"Well, I just asked her when she'd like to come back," I take my phone from Theo, "she said she would love to anytime, but doesn't want me to waste money on two plane tickets. She said there's no way she could pay me back."

"Of course she can. She can love you for eternity."

"Mum, we're only in our twenties. I'm still touring. Marriage is way out of the picture for a while." I give my phone back to Theo and he smiles once he sees my background of Mac. He starts pointing, and smiles even bigger; making me smile, too.

"Don't say that. Why, Zayn and Perrie found the time to get married and settle down. I know you and MacKenzie will. Besides, I think Theodore misses her, too." Mum kisses Theodore's head, and sits across from me.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm gonna go call her. I'll be back." I kiss mum on the cheek, and vanish to my room with Theo. "We're gonna call MacKenzie, Theo!" I say in a cheery baby voice. I know he can't understand what I'm saying, but he smiles and claps anyway.

The phone rings three times, and then she answers.

"Niall!"

"MacKenzie!"

"I miss you."

"I miss you, too. So does Theo."

"Is he with you?" She says, sounding like she's smiling. (If I know MacKenzie, she is smiling)

"Yeah. He's actually trying to steal my phone from me." I laugh and bounce Theo on my leg.

"I want him. You should fly him here to me. I'll take care of him, he can be my son."

"I'm not sure Greg and Denise would like that very much."

"So, I don't care. I can say I'm babysitting him until you return."

"Yeah, like they'd believe that." We both laugh into the phone. "What have you done today?"

"Went to work, went with Drew to see Addison. Went shopping with Amy. Now, I'm finally home and resting." She lets out a happy sigh. "Oh, and talking to you of course."

"Sounds exciting. Why haven't you and I been shopping yet?" I put my phone on speaker phone, and start playing with Theo. He smiles when he hears MacKenzie over the phone.

"Because, you already spend too much money on me. And, I never know what to buy when I'm shopping."

"Nonsense. I don't spend enough money on you, from my perspective. And, you buy a little bit of everything when you go."

"Well, I don't want you to spend anymore of your money on me. Spend it on your family."

"I spend it on you and my family."

"Just spend it on your family."

"Nope. You're like family. I guess that includes you, too."

"Whatever, Niall. I love you." Mac laughs.

"I love you too." MacKenzie yawns, and I decide to let her rest. "I'm gonna let you take a nap, alright?"

"Alright. I'll call you when I wake."

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you, too." The line goes silent, and I hang up.

Theo looks at me with sad eyes.

"I know. I hate to hear her go, too." Theo and I lay on my bed, and I tell him about MacKenzie. I don't care if he don't understand, someday he will. "I really love her, Theo." He smiles and closes his little. eyes. I sing him to sleep, and hope someday MacKenzie and I will have a family of our own.

I really do love her.

★★★

Hey, guys. The trip was postponed until September 13. That's Niall's birthday! I was so upset. I was planning to spend that day with my friend, and cry because he's growing up before our eyes.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.!

I love you!! ♥

Vote, comment, share, enjoy!