Chapter 26

Later.

When I woke up I heard screaming downstairs and it had to be mom.

I got up and walked down stairs.

"Hayes stop." She yelled running from dad.

"Hayes stop. I have to pee." She yelled standing in the corner.

"No one is stopping you from going to the bathroom." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"What's in your hand?" I asked.

"A bug. Do you want it?" He asked and I shook my head stepping up the steps.

"If I pee on myself your cleaning it up." She said trying to move to the bathroom but dad threw the bug on her and she screamed so loud and started to jump around trying to get it off of her.

"I just made her pee on herself." Dad said laughing and I shook my head laughing a little.

"Hayes." She yelled pushing him back and he stopped laughing to look at her then started to laugh again.

She walked up stairs rolling her eyes and dad was dying.

"Where did the bug go?" I asked.

"I don't know but that was so funny." He said.

"Find it, what if it goes through the vents to my room."

"Its a grass hopper. Its not going to kill you."

"Why do you mess with her so much."

"Because its fun." He said said going into the kitchen I watched him make some mop water then started to mop the floor.

"But she doesn't like bugs."

"That's the part that makes it fun. I always do it."

"What did you guys do when you were younger?"

"Had sex, a lot."

"That's not what I meant dad, you're so nasty."

"I was joking, kind of. We really only had a year to ourselves before Jr and Noah were popped out so we only had time to work and take care of you three then the twins came and now another one is coming."

"You guys had to do something fun at least once."

"We took the boys to the zoo with Skylynn and Lauren and we chased pigs in the mud.

"That's not cute. If you are going to tell stories of after kids popped up can I at least be in them and that can not be a story with a giant picture." I said pointing to the picture of them all muddy with Noah holding a pig.

We laughed and he started thinking again.

"We went swimming on day and you almost drowned because you were following the boys and they could swim so they went to the deep end and jumped and you followed them."

"That's not cute?"

"You didn't ask for cute. You just asked to be in the story."

"Ugh, I swear you are doing that on purpose."

"Yup." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine a cute stories about you is one day you were trying to go up stairs with your brothers but you couldn't move as fast as them and you would sit at the end of the stairs crying until one of them carried you up the stairs."

"And at our wedding you were crying about everything. You were such a crybaby." He said laughing.

"Im not a crybaby anymore so it doesn't matter."